Big Bulls

muleman1953

Care to share your favorite State & Unit for Big Bulls? I'll take MONTANA in Unit 410 Archery!!! Killed some awesome bulls over the years!!!

I have killed some nice bulls, but nothing huge, However I have guided to some dandies, in Montana 313. Do not recomend that area now.....nothing left but wolf poo! I will second the Missouri Breaks 410 and North of the river, but your chances of drawing are slightly less then being shark attacked while spring bear hunting.

Some areas less than 1% chance. In one spot over 10,000 putin for 80 permits

Killed some nice bulls with bow and arrow, largest so far was a 360" shot at seven yards in my home state of Wyoming. Killed a 378" bull in the Selway in Idaho with a rifle.

Scratch

380 is a great district as gunwalker stated. Have a few friends that get the tag every 3yrs about with landowners pref. and they have gotten some dandies out of there. I also would give a nod to the breaks as another area for big bulls for a draw district. Biggest bull I have ever seen in the wild is in the last place anyone would look and by the busiest road in the area but stays on private land. The wolves haven't gotten into 380 too bad yet. The Upper Madison still has big bulls but between hunting pressure, wolves, and weather the journey can be a tough one but most tags are not special draw.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.