Big brownie 2008

NONYA

Spent a full day hiking the rugged Rocky Mountian front today,saw 4 bears total,a sow/cub ,a small black and this big brown/tan/black bear.Right before sundown I was coming up out of a draw and caught movement out of the corner of my eye,he was hauling *** up the side of another ridge almost to the top,I let out a broken leg fawn bleet and he skidded to a stop right below the skyline,I guestimated him at 500 held one full bear over him and let one fly,Dads ole 8MAG doesnt fool around,I heard the bullet impact and got reloaded and back in the scope to see him trying to get over the cliff at the top,I let another one fly and hit him going straight away,he rolled over backwards and bounced down the ridge into some stunted pines.The first hit was fatal,taking out the bottom of both lungs,the Barnes TSX performed flawlesly,again.The second pic shows where I fired from,taken from his last resting place,ranged at 622 yards,Im guessing he was another 20 yards further up the ridge when I fired,my best offhand kill to date.gun)
2008BRWNBEAR100.jpg

2008BRWNBEAR071.jpg

2008BRWNBEAR075.jpg

Last edited:
Heckuvashot Nonya !!

That 8-mag pounded him.
Bet it's a lot of work getting that fat dude skinned out.

I'm betting that's a badlands reactor pack!!
Got one myself -great little not too far pack.----Mike

Thanx Guys,yep Badlands,my first,Im going to mod it to carry my VTR project,Ill post pics when we get it done,we just got home from packing my bear out,didnt get eaten by a grizz,thank god!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.