Bi - pod users

PhulesAu

Does anyone have a link or list, that shows how much rifle weight the popular models can take? I've search foo'ed , and cannot find a manufacture's site that has this info. Thanks

This does not directly answer your question, but all my rifles are in the 12-15lb range except for the lone rimfire. I have shot all these rifles off harris or clone bipods. If you use the legs that pull out until they latch (as opposed to intermediate positions) I have never had any kind of issue. I also have a 24" bipod for a seated position and that holds the 15lb rifles just fine too.

Actually it does go a long way. My Remington with no ammo, is a bit under 14 pounds. I don't think 4 rounds will be a deal breaker. Thanks for the Info.

I do not know of a site that lists weight ratings, but I have one of these:
AR15 Heavy Quick Detach Duty Bipod for M1A, HS Precision, McMillan, Sage, & Socom

It works great on my heavy barreled 338LM / Eliseo chassis (don't know exactly, but it is not light). The site says it is fit for use on the AR-30, which is 13.4lbs un-scoped (I looked that up, just for you :D). I am very happy with the quality and performance of mine. Plus GG&G seems to be a good outfit.

I have also read GREAT things about Atlas bipods on heavy rifles , and I think a new one is coming out that is even beefier. Do a search here and you'll see lots of rave reviews. I have no practical experience with these, just word of mouth.

Good luck!

I saw that model, but wasn't sure about adding a adaptor rail section, then the bi-pod under that. Thanks for looking that up!

I saw that model, but wasn't sure about adding a adaptor rail section, then the bi-pod under that. Thanks for looking that up!

I'm running mine on a chassis with a 6 o'clock rail, so take my next comments with a grain of salt because I don't know how the adapters are (high quality, stick way out, prone to issues?? I just don't know).

With that disclaimer, I really really like the quick detach system for this bipod. When I put the rifle in a vice to clean, if I want to knock the width down for transport, if I want to shoot off a front rest, etc it is literally a 10 second operation to remove the bi-pod. It is a feature I use a lot (and wish I had on my "conventional" bipod on my 300 WSM).

This does not directly answer your question, but all my rifles are in the 12-15lb range except for the lone rimfire. I have shot all these rifles off harris or clone bipods. If you use the legs that pull out until they latch (as opposed to intermediate positions) I have never had any kind of issue. I also have a 24" bipod for a seated position and that holds the 15lb rifles just fine too.

just borrowed friends bi pod 24 inch to see if i would like one i do shoots very well on my colt le6920 do you shoot hand guns beeb shooting my ruger sbh 44 mag can shoot 4 inch group at 60 yards open sights think i amm going to shoot a deer this year with it

varmintH8r, I'll have to research that set up. I've got a B&C stock, and had always just thought of using the sling stud. the plain & simple mount.

gthood I do own a couple pistols, but they are designed for targets that shoot back.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.