best western US hunting round

well Ive decided tonight that Im going to sportsmans warehouse tomorrow and picking up a tikka t3 lite. Im sick of going back and forth between savage, tikka, rem, wthby..etc and am going for the tikka. Its either going to be 7mm rem or 300 winmag. If I have to Ill flip a coin when Im there

Every single thing a 7 mag or a 30-06 does a 300 win will do better.

JMO

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every single thing a 7 mag or a 30-06 does a 300 win will do better.

JMO

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAWD I CANT RESIST. An ultra (Built and fed right) will do even mo better.

What's "better" especially in a Tikka T3, a factory rifle that is, IMO, not well suited to be a long range rifle anyway.
I highly beg to differ. The tikka t3 can be just as good as any other for long range.

A "LITE" weight rifle wouldnt be my 1st pick for a 1000 yd gun. Take a t3 lite and a gun 3 pounds heavier and see which one holds steadier. Do you feel confident you could kill a bumblebee every time at 100 yds? If you dont it probably isnt a 1000 yd gun.

This is what happens when you asked for an advice. Everyone is entitled to opinions and you get them at varying levels ... you know what they say about "OPINIONS". :rolleyes::D:cool:

ya true, all good opinions though. I just disagree about the tikka not being able to be a long range rifle. I dont think there are a lot of rifles we would buy off the rack and go straight to over 1000 yds, especially in a $600 rig. Take that tikka and add a barrel and a different stock and its capable, just like many other stock rifles that people switch things out for longer distance shooting

I am torn between 22lr and 30-06. Long Range hunting is not only option, so if I was simply looking fro the best rifle to hunt the west, it would likely end up a 30-06...but 300wm is also pretty good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.