Best tactical precision rifle trigger?

stanley52

Ok so I am having a 300 WSM built. Have a stiller predator on order so I can use the Wyatt internal mag so I can load out heavys a little more efficiently, have a Hart fluted remington varmint contour barrel, 26" Finish, 1:10 twist, going to go with a Score Hi tactical muzzle brake, stock is undecided but I can handle that decision, I need help with a trigger. I don't know enough about them to make an educated decision. I don't mind spending some money, I want something that will be more impervious to dirt, sand, grit, and less likely to brake, while being able to be set around 2-3lbs. Thanks.

I like Jewell triggers for feel and function. I have never really abused mine/got them extremely gritty or dirty, so I can't speak to that. Based on construction I would expect them to be durable. Maybe someone will come through with some hands-on experience.

By the way - sounds like a nice rig - post some pics when its done!

I run jewells in my bench guns and timney's in my field guns. Jewell's don't agree with dirt. Timney's don't seem to care. Either will easily adjust to the pull weight your after.

If you are shooting a Remington find an old original Remington trigger. It will go bang no matter what.
Some of my tactically minded buddies like Timney.
I love my Jewel triggers, but I watched friends learn the hard way that they don't belong in a hunting /tactical environment. I ran one on my 338Edge and my 300Win (hunters) for several years without incident though.
If you live in dusty desert conditions run away...far far away.

I run jewells in my bench guns and timney's in my field guns. Jewell's don't agree with dirt. Timney's don't seem to care. Either will easily adjust to the pull weight your after.

+1. I do pretty much the same. For 2-3# pull weights I prefer the Timney on my hunting/tactical rifles. The quality of the trigger pull is equal, superb durability, half the cost, and I'm partial to the wider trigger shoe which is standard on the Timney.

This thread discusses what the "pros" use for all tactical equipment, there is a list from the PRS finally on page one.

Tactical Shooters Equipment - What the pros use... - Page 2

starting on page #2 post #96

we have a length discussion on equipment the PRS shooters use, at #96 I injected my opinion on the Hubers, and there is plenty of follow-up thru the next 3 pages.

might take some time to read but good info.

My first aftermarket trigger buy was a Shilen Benchrest model, I still have it & it has never failed me. Good price- GREAT trigger.

My second was a Timney. I can't stand this trigger, something about it just doesn't sit well with me & it's going bye-bye.

This week I received my second Jewell, I really like the Jewell. The Timney will probably be replaced by a Jewell, or a 2 stage Huber (i've always wanted to try one).

Just my .002. I drug a Jewell through a lot of dirt last year during hunting season, it still works just fine. Can it fail? Sure, name one that can't.

For the bang for your buck, I have to recommend the Shilen.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.