Best spotting scope for $500-$700

midwesthunter

I am looking to get one for my trips out west. I will not be heading out till next year, but would like to get one pretty soon. I am going to try and make a trip out every other year if permitable. It would be used for most big game. Was looking at some in the leupold line as well as the vortex skyline. Any others I should look at?

I agree with JUDD, in this price range nothing is better than the Pentax. I have a 65mm and just found one for a shooting friend who sold his Leupold once he looked through my scope. The 80mm is awesome!

ShortMag3

Nikon ED50 if you want something light and compact. I bought a refurb for $400 with a fixed 16x digiscope eyepiece, then added a 13-30x zoom for another $50. For $450 I'm really happy with the performance for such a compact scope.

Leupold has a similar compact scope but I don't think the image is as good as the ED50.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.