Best scope mounts and rings for remington

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by YELLOW LAB, Apr 10, 2012.

1. YELLOW LAB

YELLOW LAB Member

Have a custom built 300 win mag putting a Zeiss on it, who makes
    a good base and rings, dont like leupold because of the side screw on the
    base. tks

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

If you don't like the side nut, look at Seekins. I prefer his look for the clean sides. Don't expect to receive them any time soon, though. Tally rings are good, too.

3. MOOSE39465

MOOSE39465 Well-Known Member

I bought Seekins rins and Bases for my 300 win mag build. If I had it to do again I would have saved mone and bought TPS rings. They are very nice for the price and want break the bank.

4. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

If you want to break the bank,look at Spuhr mounts,have built in level

5. jakes10mm

jakes10mm Well-Known Member

I just changed my Rem 700 in 300 win mag from a weaver base/ring set to Leupolds. I like the rear adjustment screws for a target/light use rifle, but I wanted a robust mounting system for a mountain hunting gun. I went with the Leupold Double Dovetail base/ring system and it has been good so far. Solid mounting and no fears of loosening rear screws altering my zero.

6. YELLOW LAB

YELLOW LAB Member

i just got a set of millet rings and bases, love em. tks

7. gamehawker

gamehawker Well-Known Member

I have two Remington 700 Senderos calibered in 7mm STW with Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scopes on each of them. The set-up I use on each of them is a 20 MOA EGW for the Picatinny rail and low Burris 30mm Tactical Rings. They seem to hold pretty well with the recoil and with the 20 MOA rail I can dial it out to 0ver 1,400 yards if I want.

I also have a Remington 700 LSS calibered in a .257 Weatherby Magnum also with a Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle scope on it. The set-up I use on that rifle is Talley Lightweight 2-Piece Scope Mounts with Integral 30mm Rings (Matte Medium). I really like that set-up on that rifle too.

8. Kasey1

Kasey1 Active Member

I'm running a TPS picatinny base and Burris 30mm tactical rings on my rem very happy with this set up.

9. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

My last 2 rifles I put a EGW rail on them with Leupold QD rings. I can zip my scope right off if need be for shipping...etc