Best scope mount & rings under $50?

GABR13L

I've heard a few good things around here about Weaver Grandslam mounts, but what would you guys recommend for a .300 RUM in that price range? Or am I shooting myself in the foot here by buiding a custom rifle and not spending more than that on mounts?

Last edited:
I've heard a few good things around here about Weaver Grandslam mounts, but what would you guys recommend for a .300 RUM in that price range? Or am I shooting myself in the foot here by buiding a custom rifle and not spending more than that on mounts?

Get better base & rings, and just cry once:D

Burris Signature Rings are the best non-expensive rings out there hands down.

I would also recommend a dual dovetail setup, also from Burris.

I bought a set of Burris rings and bases off Ebay for $36 with an insert kit. Even if you bought new, it won't be over your budget by much.

Warne steel rings and bases all the way,they are stronger than burris zee rings.I don't even have ring marks if I take a scope off warne rings.

$20 for the bases and $28 for the rings.I don't think you can do better.

I think the recoil key of the warne is also superior to the burris zee ring to.It is square in a square slot instead of a round screw in a square slot like the zee ring

Who recommended Zee rings? Not me!

I use the dual dovetail signature rings. I can also put 0-40 MOA of taper on my scope with my inserts. Best of all, no lapping needed.:D

Don't get me wrong, those XTR and Warne rings are nice and plenty stout. I just think there is more benefit to the Burris Signature setup.

for the economy work up, second the burris double dovetail and signature rings.

Truth be known, just as reliable as as the $150-200 setups but no "tactical" moniker to justify the high price! They will give 20-40 MOA

Now if you need bases and rings for 40 plus MOA, then got to go high end.

BH

For the 300 RUM I would recomend the burris or the Leupold dual
dovetail .

Use anti seize on the dovetail so that when you cam them in
they want gauld and you will never have trouble with them.

Just my opinion
J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.