best scope for around a thousand ,for dialing diatance,

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by timmyatnop, Jan 4, 2011.

1. timmyatnop

timmyatnop Well-Known Member

Hi everone iam gona have a 338 edge built and I want a scope that ,will be perfect for dialing to say 1000 or 1200 yards and back to 300 yards perfect everytime. That is if u guys think its do able for around 1000 dollars or so ,any experience and advice would be great.

2. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

3. timmyatnop

That don't sound to bad , never heard of them though. Are they new.?

4. sixgunner

sixgunner Active Member

Leupold 6.5x20 or 8.5x25 with ART reticle. No special turrents and you can move it to a different firearm by remounting and printing out a new card.

5. timmyatnop

I kinda like the tall turrets,plus I think dialing at long range is more accurate,I could be wrong though.

6. davewilson

davewilson Well-Known Member

Sightron S3

7. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

Been thinking of trading my Leupold in on one.

8. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

A USO 10x can be had used for that. Their warranty follows the scope not the orig.
    purchaser.

9. timmyatnop

Sightron ,huskmaw,leupold vx3 ,vortex, man there are a lot of choices,I just want the one that will track the best and return to a perfect. Zero. Mabey iam asking to much for around a thousand.?

10. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

I think your best bet would be to ask and try different scopes at your shooting range. Many different scopes available because of the many different SHOOTERS around. Try them out and buy the one that suit's your needs best. Just to add to your problem, I use ZEISS,BURRIS, and LEUPOLD.

11. timmyatnop

Zeiss conquest looks good. Don't really have a shooting range around that everbody uses . All I have is the old farm but I can strech it to a line or so if put out targets. Gosh darn it I might just to buy one and hope it works ,I think most of these different scopes are of high quality. Might just have to say s___w it and just buy one and hope it works, I wonder how much better a mark 4 would be .

12. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

As you can tell there is a wide selection and it boils down to what you like best.

My favorite for the money and features is the Mark 4 Leupold.

J E CUSTOM

13. MTBULLET

MTBULLET Well-Known Member

for what it's worth, i have a zeiss conquest 4.5x14x50 with the z-800 reticle on one of my .300 rum's, really like this for elk.

14. highridge1

highridge1 Well-Known Member

Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with turrets,excellent glass and tracks very nicely.Very hard to beat for that price range.