Best scope for .260

I have a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50 with target turrets on my 260 700 VLS it will do 600 no problem. without a rail. I would encourage you to get a 20 moa rail for further out.

Good luck and shoot straight.

Bob

I have access to 600 yds now. I am new to this long range stuff so I'm sure that'll be plenty for awhile. As for budget, I would like to stick around or under $1000.
I have a .260 in a Savage F-12 ( certainly not a hunting rifle ) with a NF 12x42x56 on it. If you won't be hunting I would recommend NF 8-32 BR. You may find a used one in your price range. This is the BR Mod. not the NXS Mod. These are heavy scopes for a hunting application. With scope, my F-12 weighs 16 lbs. An excellent compromise would be a Vortex Viper. It is hard to have the best of both worlds as the cross hairs are finer for precision shooting vs a hunting riflescope. Open country hunting will be ok but in heavy timber not so good as the crosshairs are harder to see.

I'm in the same boat as you right now. Im just getting the remaining pieces of my build together (bottom metal. Action will be here Monday) so I'm looking for a scope for it. I've shot with the sightron sIII 6-24x50 and its a hell of a scope for the money! I am currently running a nightforce nxs 5.5-22x50 which I love and recommend to anyone. The zero stop is key! The only thing that has me stumped is the New vortex razor hd gen II. 4.5-27x56 is a great power range, optical clarity is increadible, I love there low profile turrets compared to th original razor, and love how they build in the illumination dial to there side focus. I'm looking strongly at them

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts