Best reloading press ??

The Redding Competition seaters are pretty long and the longest cartridge you can use these for is going to be a .300 Win Mag I believe, but I'm not sure. I use Redding Comp seaters for 7mm Rem Mag and .30-06, but for my .300 Wby Mag I have to use the Forster Ultra Benchrest seater.

Sorry for bringing up an old post.

I do have a Dillon550 today and are about to buy a single stage press.
My choice are between the Co-ax and Redding Boss/Big Boss.

I use only Redding Type S - Match die set (competition seater die)
Cal. i use are: .6BR/ .243/ .6,5x55/ .6,5-284/ .300winmag

I will not use any bigger than .300winny.

May someone here confirm that this Redding Comp.dies will work in a Co-ax press?
Do anyone know if Forster have made and extension handle at this time? I did not find any on the web site.
If not i will buy a Redding press.

Yes, the Redding dies will work in a Co-Ax press. You will have to use the Forrester rings for the dies though. As for the handle extension, I dont know if they make a longer handle or not, they do make a shorter one though. I cant imagine why one would need a longer handle because the Co-Ax's mechanical advantage is plently for a .300 winny. If you really wanted one though, it would be a piece of cake to make one, they remove very easily. Hope this helps.

May someone here confirm that the Redding Comp. dies will work in a Co-Ax press?

Quoted from the Sinclair catalog in reference to the Forster/Bonanza Co-Ax press:
"Works With All Redding Competition Dies!"

Forster re-designed the handle a couple of years back to accommodate the taller dies.

James , if you really want a

Hey their guys , my house is finaly comming back together and it'll soon be time to get my reloading tool picked out so they can be replaced. I have used several presses the RCBS partner and Rock Chucker and a Forster Bonanza in the past all three were lost in the hurricane so I'm looking to replace them with one maybe two new presses and was just wondering what everbody out their was using and if you could change what would you change to ??

good press ,take a look at this Corbin S-Press (CSP-1)

Jim B

Here's another, from the other Corbin: WALNUT HILL PRESS

WalnutHillPress.jpg

Looks nice & less money.

Last edited:
I've got a pair of Co-Ax presses and a Redding Ultra-Mag. I bought the Ultra-Mag press (which I love almost as much as the Co-Ax presses) because I have started reloading .338-300 (.338 Edge). The Co-Ax necks the .300 RUM cases up with no problem but the seating die can't be adjusted high enough to properly seat a 300 gr SMK. The Ultra-Mag handles both necking up and seating with no effort. Make sure you buy shell holders if you order one (like I didn't so I had to wait almost a week for shell holders to come in).

Mike, interesting old post you found. Can you elaborate a little on the seating die situation with the Edge? What seating die are you using and do you think it would make a difference if you were to use a different brand? Maybe a shorter one???

Mike, interesting old post you found. Can you elaborate a little on the seating die situation with the Edge? What seating die are you using and do you think it would make a difference if you were to use a different brand? Maybe a shorter one???

:D I didn't realize how old it was until I hit send

I bought the die set from Defensive Edge. The seater die is a Redding Competition Series Micrometer seater. I couldn't adjust it high enough to seat the bullet, to the COL that DE recommends for the .338 Edge, in the Co-Ax press. The top of the die hits the handle. I tried positioning the handle down slightly so it would clear the die but then I couldn't get a bullet in the case. The Ultra-Mag press solved that problem. Not being familiar with Redding presses I chose the Ultra-Mag but I'm not sure a "lesser" press of similar design wouldn't work just as well. I was able to neck up my .300 RUM brass with very little effort in the Co-Ax press and that makes me wonder if I "needed" the Ultra-Mag press or not.

Does your Co-Ax have the later handle that allows more clearance for tall dies?

I'll be darned... I actually have two Co-Ax presses. One for taking to the range. The newest one has a lot more clearance and I'm pretty sure that it will work fine. I'm going to give it a try this morning.

Win69, I was wondering the same thing and also if you could use the Forster Bench Rest Seater in place of the Redding. It should be a little shorter in overall height.

I couldn't figure out which seater I needed. The bullet is a .338 but the case is .300 RUM. I would rather use Forster dies...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.