Best reloading dies

G

What are the thoughts on the best commercially available reloading dies and why?

Wilson's

No boogering around with press setup... set them once and that's it. They're small and pack up nice to transport and use in the field with the little arbor press.

I like the little yellow boxes, they stack nicely.

No runout problems.

They're shiney, I like shiney objects!
smile.gif

I have RCBS, Lee, Hornady, and Redding. Of them all I like redding best. A lot of the BR guys use them if they don't use wilson. Check out sinclair.com for the best selection

Aussie

Best are without a doubt the Neil Jones in either inline or 7/8 x 14.

Reason they the best is that they are custom made for your chamber! Plus shoulder bump and die to do that.

Cost is $275-300 for FL size and Micro seat.

Now off shelf is the Forester Bonanza BR and Redding Comp. The Forester is about half the price of Redding and just as good. Only flaw is no neck bushing, but can be converted to neck bushing for $35. The Forester seater is just as good as Redding and half the price. Both will make custom fit die off your fired brass or reamer specs.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.