best range vegas

qqqq33

what is the best range in vegas and is within one hour of the strip 1000yrd or more.

"Best" range near Vegas. Best is pretty subjective. If you are looking for a public 1,000 yard range the answer is there isn't one.

The Clark County Range up by the Air force base is not yet open;
Desert Sportsman (in Red Rock) only goes to 600 meters, and I recall it is member only (or invited guest);
Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club has the only 1,000 yard range in Southern Nevada (there may be one up near Reno - but I'm not sure about that). The 1,000 yard range at Boulder is only used part of the time (as in for NRA matches and scheduled practices), as it requires closure of the rest of the memeber ranges. The member range also has a steel target range that has steel starting at 110 yards out to 866. The public portion of Boulder has several 100 yard ranges, but taht is it other than pistol pits.

JeffVN

this is the prob I live in hawaii. The only range we have here goes to only 440 yards. I have friends that will let me stay at there house in vegas so I thought I would stay for a month and work on my long range shooting. Any help would be greatly appreceiated

Depending upon the month that you are here, Boulder will have at least 2 or 3 long range events during that time that would allow you to shoot at distances of 600 yards or beyond. Other then that, you'll need to have a member bring you on as a guest. Desert Sportsman hosts a tactical match every month except in teh summer with shooting out to 600 meters.

Other wise, and something that my brother and I do as frequentyl as possible is to venture to teh desert onto BLM land and shoot there (in our case out to 1,500 yards plus). We use several locations both north and south of Las Vegas. Some locations are walking only (vehicles prohibited), but firearms and shooting is allowed.

PM me and we can talk about when you are coming and what you want to do.

Jeffvn

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts