Best Quick Detatch Rings?

Forester

Who makes the best version of a 1" quick detach scope rings? Strength is paramount with returning to zero also important.

I have Warne 1 piece bases on the two rifles this scope would be used on, one is fairly light in recoil but the other is pretty heavy.

Who makes the best version of a 1" quick detach scope rings? Strength is paramount with returning to zero also important.

I have Warne 1 piece bases on the two rifles this scope would be used on, one is fairly light in recoil but the other is pretty heavy.

I have these in stock for $59 shipped and they are pretty damm tough!!!

QD 1" Steel Ring

Scott

Quick detachable, staying in zero, and the best, do these terms belong in the same paragraph together?

Is there anything wrong with any of them?

Do you expect to shoot a half inch rifle, one shot at a time, removing and replacing the scope between shots without enlarging the group? That might be tough to achieve.

I've had no trouble with Leupold's QR system. My expectations are modest but, so far, it has been perfect. About 10 years on a 30-06.

No, I certainly don't expect perfection from quick detach rings. If they are close enough to get me back on paper and don't move around while they are attached thats all I am after.

I'm looking for the same, contacted leupold tech support. they said the docs say 1/2 MOA but he said actual testing on the QR rings was much better. They put 1/2 MOA to cover themselves. I'm going to go with the QRs.

Check out the Burris XTR Rings. They're aluminum but very beefy. As my Uncle said when he saw them, "You'll enjoy considerable scope failure before those rings give." They're inexpensive (~$40) and they will get you back on paper. Something that I really like about them is that they don't have a lever hanging off the side to get hung up. They have 1/2" nuts so you'll need a wrench to take them off and put them on but they're much sleeker. I have the Leupold QD rings on my other guns but the Burris XTRs are my favorite.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.