Best Quick Detatch Rings?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Forester, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Forester

Forester Well-Known Member

Who makes the best version of a 1" quick detach scope rings? Strength is paramount with returning to zero also important.

I have Warne 1 piece bases on the two rifles this scope would be used on, one is fairly light in recoil but the other is pretty heavy.

2. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

I have these in stock for $59 shipped and they are pretty damm tough!!!

QD 1" Steel Ring

Scott

3. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

Quick detachable, staying in zero, and the best, do these terms belong in the same paragraph together?

4. boomtube

boomtube Well-Known Member

Is there anything wrong with any of them?

Do you expect to shoot a half inch rifle, one shot at a time, removing and replacing the scope between shots without enlarging the group? That might be tough to achieve.

I've had no trouble with Leupold's QR system. My expectations are modest but, so far, it has been perfect. About 10 years on a 30-06.

5. Forester

Forester Well-Known Member

No, I certainly don't expect perfection from quick detach rings. If they are close enough to get me back on paper and don't move around while they are attached thats all I am after.

6. Robbin

Robbin Well-Known Member

I'm looking for the same, contacted leupold tech support. they said the docs say 1/2 MOA but he said actual testing on the QR rings was much better. They put 1/2 MOA to cover themselves. I'm going to go with the QRs.

7. Robbin

Robbin Well-Known Member

Tried your web site, it failed, would you check it please, I also sent you an email.

8. cross

cross Well-Known Member

Check out the Burris XTR Rings. They're aluminum but very beefy. As my Uncle said when he saw them, "You'll enjoy considerable scope failure before those rings give." They're inexpensive (~$40) and they will get you back on paper. Something that I really like about them is that they don't have a lever hanging off the side to get hung up. They have 1/2" nuts so you'll need a wrench to take them off and put them on but they're much sleeker. I have the Leupold QD rings on my other guns but the Burris XTRs are my favorite.