Best Progressive Reloader

I've owned them all (progressives), and the only one I have left is a Dillon XL650
I do not know if I've owned them all,but I'm sure I have gotten pretty close! I still use 4 presses. The press that makes the most rounds, is a 650, with auto case feeder (if you are going to purchase a 650 get the case feeder!!!) Also get the strong mount and the non stock handle up-grade. I use this set up and can load for hours and hours with out a break. I would also like to add, buy a dozen of the plastic case catcher bins, you never have enough, kind of like loading trays-i never have enough of them either! My last bit: Dillon is the easiest company to do business with, they really do take care of their customers, Dillon, leupold, RCBS and a few others have always been top shelf when it comes to their customers, if you do go with the Dillon, you will be amazed at how well these guys take care of you. Good luck to you regardless of which press you go with.

I use Dillon presses for all my hand guns and .223 upto .308. Last year I reloaded over 10,000 rounds of .223 and this year 8,000. No problems with the press or quality. I added a Dillon Super Swage, because I have been reloading a bunch of Lake City OFB and needed to remove the primer crimp to make it easier on my Dillon (though it was able to muscle through crimped primers. Also, Dillon's "No BS" warranty backs up their product no matter who the owner is, no matter how old it is, no matter what you did to it!

My 300 Magnum and 338 Lapua Magnum are loaded on my single stage press (using Hornady Lock-N-Load bushings). Dillon progressive presses can handle the big rifle rounds (upto 100 grains of powder), but I would rather have full control and extra quality checks between stages (especially powder measuring and resizing).

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts