Best primer recommended for the 210 and 190 Berger VLD in 300 Win Mag loading.

Leonidas 933

I received a response for info on 300 Win Mag loading and I appreciate it. However I was also wondering if there is a prefered primer for the 210 and 190 gr Berger VLD loads. Hate to sound like a new guy, but thats what I am when it comes to hand loading. Thanks for the help...gun)

Using H-1000 for the 210 Bergers in all the 300 wins I load for I find that the Federal GM 215M primers work very well. They can be hard to find so if you can not find them the CCI 250's are a close second.

Jeff gun)gun)

"Best primer recommended for the 210 and 190 Berger VLD in 300 Win Mag loading."

Recommended primer for two specific bullets in an unknown rifle? Man, you got a wrong idea of how scientific this stuff is! Send me your rifle, two or three boxes of each of your bullets, couple boxes of brass and agree to pay for the powders and primers and I'll find out for you. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, you gonna have to find what your rig prefers all by yourself! :D

Have fun in the pursuit... :)

"Best primer recommended for the 210 and 190 Berger VLD in 300 Win Mag loading."

Recommended primer for two specific bullets in an unknown rifle? Man, you got a wrong idea of how scientific this stuff is! Send me your rifle, two or three boxes of each of your bullets, couple boxes of brass and agree to pay for the powders and primers and I'll find out for you. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, you gonna have to find what your rig prefers all by yourself! :D

Have fun in the pursuit... :)

are you still interested in collecting load data for fellas on thie site?

Here we go again! Another legitimate request and we have some idiot responding with a less than respectful comment.

Beginning to see this more and more on this site. If folks don't have any positive input, then they should just shutup.

Here we go again! Another legitimate request and we have some idiot responding with a less than respectful comment.

Beginning to see this more and more on this site. If folks don't have any positive input, then they should just shutup.

Lol, I was being serious . I'm havin trouble with my rifle .
Have a GREAT day.

Besides all the BS, the OP will probably find that the primer used will have very little influence to accuracy.
I find either Fed215 or WLRM do all I need in my 300's, although I find the WLRM to be hotter, I'm still using the brass coloured ones. Have lots!

Cheers.
gun)

I received a response for info on 300 Win Mag loading and I appreciate it. However I was also wondering if there is a prefered primer for the 210 and 190 gr Berger VLD loads. Hate to sound like a new guy, but thats what I am when it comes to hand loading. Thanks for the help...gun)
Any magnum primer will work fine. It's simply a matter of tuning your overall load.