Best price point rifle?

Csafisher

What is the best rifle in .308 under $900? Weight is not an issue, im looking for accuracy. CZ? Savage? Tikka? Rem? How do they compare?

Any of them really. I really like Savage's. They have some nice models in the .308. They use to make the 12FV in a 308, but not anymore. I have the Mod 12VLP. It is a nice rifle. I have since upgraded everything. It is more of a custom rifle now than a stock Savage. But the stock rifles shoot great.

Tank

First choice right around 900 Savage 10 FCP-HS tack drivers 24" 10 twist heavy barrel, detachable mag, and HS precision pro series stock. Second pick Weatherby vanguard sub moa, they are very accurate and look pretty cool, plus they have a lot of upgrades available as well, third goes to the tikka t3 varmint, they are smooth, decent trigger, and pretty light, also very accurate.

+1 for the Savage FCP-K models. Mine has been a shooter since day one. I have shot Hdy. 168 BTHP factory loads easy sub minute out as far as 800. You will want some kind of cheek pad to get a better cheek rest(I use an Eagle one). Only downside is modifications are hard to do and the break on it is pretty loud. However, with the way it shoots, you really don't need to modify anything and any break is going to be loud. Good luck!

Perhaps a Rem 700 5R? I've always wanted one, but I have a .30 already. I would love to see one in 260. Right at 1k, on Buds. I've never heard a bad thing about them.

For that price point the Tikka Varmint in 308the is tough to beat. No modifications are necessary. They just shoot well straight out of the box.

If you want to shoot vld bullets, you will not have an issue with coal. It will work as a repeater all day long.

What is the best rifle in .308 under $900? Weight is not an issue, im looking for accuracy. CZ? Savage? Tikka? Rem? How do they compare?
You know for out of the box accuracy and no problems down the line I'd go for the CZ.

I've shot dozens of their rifles, own several plus another 9 of their shotguns and without a doubt it's the best money I've ever spent on guns.

Get the single set trigger, learn to shoot it, go ahead and have a good bedding job done on it and you'll be in love, and probably never need to spend another dime on it (other than glass) till you get ready to rebarrel it.

i remington with a krieger barrel with out a doubt. no matter what you are shooting at. action 350 ; barrel 300 ; chamber thread 150.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.