Best powder for 7mm SAUM and Berger 168's?

I only tried two powders in mine and found a load I really liked. Win supreme 780 gave great velocity however SD was a little wild. Magpro wound up producing 2960 fps from a 24" bbl with excellent accuracy and was very consistant across the chronograph as well. Might be worth a try if you have some magpro lying around, I have been very pleased. Good luck.

Magpro was developed expressly for the WSM case, and I think it's gotta be a natural for the SAUM case.
gary

My brother-in-law run some tests with different powders and found that Hodgdon Extreme powders had very little temp changes.

I believe the temp hangup that people are having with the "Reloader" series of powder is bogus. If you reload at 0 degrees and then head to AZ during the summer and shoot at 115 degrees, you'll see a big spread, as well as with every other powder out there.

Wrong. Check for yourself. Hodgdon Extreme powders will change as little as 10 fps from 30 degrees to 100 degrees. I have seen Reloader Powders change as much as 100 fps in the same temp change. I love Reloader powders but only use them in my varmint rifles for this reason. I don't care what powders others use but if you have the right load Hodgdon Extreme powders are the way to go for people who need a load to shoot in many different weather conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.