Best military camo pattern for hunting in the Northeast?

TargetTerror

I plan to do some coyote hunting in New Hampshire and I'd like to pick up some a camo shirt and pants (I understand the more help you can get with coyotes the better). I won't go enough to justify spending big bucks on the fancy clothing and patterns aimed at hunters, so I'll probably just end up with some BDU or ACUs from an army navy store.

So, that said, what camo would be best for the woods of the Northeast? The ACU seems a little to light - I think it would do better in a more arid area. The tiger stripes actually seem pretty good. Any thoughts? Or any hunter-specific brands/patterns that won't break the bank?

My thinking is that camo is not that much better than no camo but having said that for brushy country I use a ghillie type upper and any kind of lower.

More importantly would be to cover your hands and face. Or use camo makeup for face.

Keeping movement to a minimum is critical...

Digital camo of the right color would be fine also.

I really think that sportsman's camo is designed to be more pleasing to the shooter than to camouflage from the game......JMO.....

Hands and face are the most important. If you can get Multicam it is without a doubt the best for any environment. Don't get ACU, it dosn't hide you from anything. BDU will work if it's all you can get.

Good luck

Marpat in woodland is the best single camo pattern for all enviroments. It might not blend exactly in every enviroment but as long as there is some type of green vegetation it will hide you very effectively. The best place to look for it is in surplus stores. Make sure you get the real deal not the knock off stuff the shades of the colors are different and they fakes don't blend like the good stuff. It will have an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor as part of the pattern roughly every 18 inches by 24 inches. The back of the shirt is the easiest place to check because there will always be at least one on it. The EGA on the left breast pocket is also embroidered not screen printed or bare.

if you are on the cheep just get some bow tape or get some archery paint.that stuf comes off with a little of your gun oil.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.