Best load for 7RUM

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
What is the most accurate load you guys have found for the 7rum? I have a Rem Sendro.Installed a muzzle break and it does not seem to group a well. My best load so far is 82g of RL 22 with 160gr acubond and 90g of RL25 on the same bullet. Tried the hornady 162 sst seems to shoot the same. Have some 168 bergers on the way Thanks in advance Dan

I have found great success with the 162 SST's but I have some 168 and 180 Bergers to try as well. It will shoot just over 1/2 moa with the SST's.

In working up seating length for the Bergers I have run into a problem with the factory Rem 700 barrel. The throat is so long that seating them at, or into the lands creates an OAL that is so long I have to remove the bolt in order to extract the cartridge. Not sure how I'm going to work around this yet if at all. I have read that a very small percentage of shooters have had decent results in jumping them, but the majority find the best accuracy at jam or jam+ lengths.

I know the solution is to either set the barrel back and rechamber with a shorter throated reamer or just rebarrel completely...if there is such a thing as a short throated 7RUM reamer.

I ran in to the same problem with the throat being to deep to set the bullet on or just at the lands so I made them as long as possible to fit in the magazine. Sure would like to here from some of you guys with some recipes of powder. Is the 22 better than the 25 like it is on the 7mm mag?

Mine likes Retumbo. I also tried 7828 but had better ES, SD and accuracy with Retumbo.

Brain, if you need a re-chamber to a short throated 7mmRUM, I can put you in contact with the 'smith who has the one I spec'd from Dave Kiff. It's a good one.

As far as powders, 5010, Retumbo, one of the RLs. I have some slooooooow Vihtavouris coming soon........

mine will not shoot with any powder I tried except retumbo and the 160 accubond....but it does very well with this combo.

I also have a Sendero in 7MMRUM with brake. i dont have my data handy ,will look for it soon as i have a minute i worked up a load and i recall 87 and 92 grains worked well .i coulda used RL 25 or retumbo or possibly H1000. But im leanin towards the retumbo .As im still working up diffrent bullets up i think im usin 160`s or 168 hpbt at the moment ,Sorry cant be of more help to you at this moment .Ditto on makin the ammo fit the mag

new data

Was back at the range today. Tried Retumbo with 160 AB no help Tried 3 different loads 88-90 gr. Tried 168 berger with 90 gr of retumbo much better. Going back tommorrow to back up what I found today with 10 to 15 rounds My gun seems to get worse the more I push it. Around 3000-3100 fps it seems better. Have you guys found the same on stock guns if you push the velocity the bullets seems to spray

Retumbo

What I found to work in my brothers sendero,

Mag lenght-OAL 4.1015 Stoney point gauge
160 Accubonds
215m primer
Rem Brass
93gr Retumbo
Velocity 2347

I think a little faster powder would get more velocity--was thinking H1000.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.