Best caliber for long range ?

Help me understand a couple of things.

Is English 2nd language for you? If so what is your home country?

With such limited actual knowledge about military snipers and their equipment I'd encourage you to refrain in the future from commenting on them. It will be less embarrassing.

You might however enjoy reading up on the 375, and 408 Cheytac along with the 416 Barrett.

As for LR no longer being a challenge due to modern Tech, no it's not the challenge it once was, but even the best of modern tech won't place the shot for you or know when to send it much less actually practice the necessary marksmanship skills required to get it done.

I don.t have a ranger badge on my site . Don't need it to prove my ability and knowledge .
Snipers come on , military snipers are not the best shooters FYI.
Go out and shoot not lobbing in bullets .
Not trolling , just facts .
Answering the question and option to a guy looking for more than one .
If you have owned all of these shoot them great let's hear it but if not its BS .

As correct as your statement is; let's not throw stones and I won't comment about how your posts seem more like ramblings.

Sorry but I forgot the smiley. :) this is the best I could do (my little girl showed me how to do this).

Last edited:
I don.t have a ranger badge on my site . Don't need it to prove my ability and knowledge .
If you have owned all of these shoot them great let's hear it but if not its BS .

Orion2010,

Anybody can put a Ranger badge in their signature.

But, Wildrose hasn't given anybody reason to question his. In fact, I'd say he's earned his stripes around here.

You, on the other hand, are new here. I was and am wanting to be friendly.

But I must say, there's a tone to your posts that doesn't sit right. Let's chalk it up to a misunderstanding.

Please do tell us about yourself.

-- richard

p.s. Like I said before. It's all relative. My brother was a Marine. If big guns turn you on, he could lay waste to anything within 40 miles. But, that's not what this site is all about.

You have yet to prove anything here but a lack of knowledge and experience.

Onion,
Don't let a couple of burned out soldiers (1 Ranger and 1 Sniper), a 5 year old, and somebody from Idaho (of all Godless places) run you off from this great site. :D
I was just saying you shouldn't cast stones in a glass house. In other words talking crap about people/occupation you have little to no experience with or knowledge of in a language that clearly is a 2nd to you.

I'm with Wildrose, what country are you from?

Well stated .
I look at these sites to gain knowledge and hear experiences .I have been long ranging and building wildcats for 32 years .
I am not a fan of one gun for everything and thats the joy of it.
Look forward to open discussion not turf wars.
Open minds still learn.

Onion,
Don't let a couple of burned out soldiers (1 Ranger and 1 Sniper), a 5 year old, and somebody from Idaho (of all Godless places) run you off from this great site. :D
I was just saying you shouldn't cast stones in a glass house. In other words talking crap about people/occupation you have little to no experience with or knowledge of in a language that clearly is a 2nd to you.

I'm with Wildrose, what country are you from?

A 5 year old, really?:rolleyes:
What did i do to run him off?

A 5 year old, really?:rolleyes:
What did i do to run him off?

Easy killer, it was a joke. I know you are 13, and quite knowledgeable on rifles.

P.S.- I'm one of the burnouts in case anybody else is wondering whom I was referring to. To the rest, no offense meant just my sense of humor.

Easy killer, it was a joke. I know you are 13, and quite knowledgeable on rifles.

P.S.- I'm one of the burnouts in case anybody else is wondering whom I was referring to. To the rest, no offense meant just my sense of humor.
I was just joking too i didnt take it as an insult.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts