Best bullet choice.

Gary Kaney

As I can't get my hands on any Hornady 150 SST's. What is your opinion in choosing either the Hornady 155 A Max or the Nosler 155 Custom Competition in 308 for use on wolves.

I should have been a little more explicit. I was reffering to a 223 against a coyote as compared to the 308 on a wolf.
I'm planning on hunting around Augusta MT. Either it's going to be my FN TSR 308 or my DPMS LR 308.

My experience says their comfort zone is 600 yds. or more. Yes, you can catch them closer than that but they don't stick around long if they know you are there. With that in mind take the rifle that will perform at that distance. These things are not dummys and have gotten pretty wary since people started shooting at them.

Montana. Augusta area, and up on the North Fork of the Sun River. I have friends around Simms, Fairfield and Choteau. I really don't care where I hunt. It's just that I have connections their. I also have a friend in Pocatello ID. I wanted to go last year, but was called back to work. Retired in 2008. It's hell to be wanted. Anyway. I really want to get this thing moving.

Montana. Augusta area, and up on the North Fork of the Sun River. I have friends around Simms, Fairfield and Choteau. I really don't care where I hunt. It's just that I have connections their. I also have a friend in Pocatello ID. I wanted to go last year, but was called back to work. Retired in 2008. It's hell to be wanted. Anyway. I really want to get this thing moving.

We were not too far from it snow shoeing yesterday for 8 miles with 1K feet elevation gain - Home Gulch/Sun Canyon pass the Sun River WMA.

Good luck and happy safe hunting.

Ed

surely any of those will do it. i would choose - 1 168cbt, 2 168 berger, 4 165 sierra or hornady btsp. a lot of varget and 210m.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.