Best Brass

hank shaper

If you had the following choices for brass, regardless of caliber and price, which one would you recommend as being the best. Hornady, Nosler, Norma, Rem or Weatherby.

Thanks for the opinions.

Hank

NOrma and weatherby are the same thing if I'm not mistaken. I've heard its good, but a bit soft. Rem is crap. Hornady, I haven't heard much about Hornady brass?? I would say of the bunch, Nosler would get the vote. I think lapua and RWS is even better then Nosler though, from what I've read anyways.

Please explain your reply. How does norma differ and how do you cut a chamber for one particular brass?

Referring to a minimum spec chamber (not neccessarily minimum spec in a repeater,but tighter than a production chamber) to keep the brass from stretching more than neccessary.Done by having the reamer made to obtain the desired clearances from new brass dimensions.Norma is very good brass if hot loads arent equated with accuracy.
Remington brass usually gets a bad rap,but Ive had very good luck with it in a tighter than production chamber.I can usually get 7-8 reloads in my 300 saum before the necks get too hard and cause inconsistent neck tensions,Ive never had a case failure in this gun with the Rem brass (split necks etc.) before the neck tension gets crappy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.