Best brand of cases for 7mag?

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by RemingtonMagnum, Jan 17, 2012.

1. RemingtonMagnum

RemingtonMagnum Well-Known Member

I've always used odds and ends brass whatever I could find for my reloads. I'm building a costom Remington 700 7mag so thought I'd do it right with this gun. I've never bought brass before to reload so just wondering what brands you guys like best. Thanks for any input!

2. boomtube

boomtube Well-Known Member

That's sorta like asking who makes the best gas for an F-250 pickup. What criteria do you think is most important?

3. RemingtonMagnum

RemingtonMagnum Well-Known Member

I know it may be just preference but I've heard that Winchester brass don't last as long so just thought id ask.

4. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

5. DCGS

DCGS <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

I perfer Norma. Dan

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  6. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

I used to use Winchester brass for everything. Then about 4 years ago, I bought a new batch , and the cull rate was really high. Also, I have noticed that the brass is much thinner now. I know this because I had the weight written down from a super accurate sendero that I had years ago. The new stuff is MUCH lighter. Federal is just as bad. My favorite brass is Norma. Another very good brass is Nosler. They are darn near as good as Lapua and Norma, if not AS good. The domestic stuff seems to have lousy neck tension. I have even seen a entire bag of brass with the primer flash hole off center. All of the above is just "IMHO", but I think most will agree. Give those two some thought, either is very good. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL, lightbulb 7STW

7. baldhunter

baldhunter Well-Known Member

I use Winchester cases on most of the calibers I load for,but in the 7mag,I've always used Remington cases and have had long life and very,very few case failures.

8. Jumpalot

Jumpalot Well-Known Member

Norma unless I could find RWS. Nosler has had some neck consistency issues in other cartridges so I haven't tried it.