best barrel, data from competition

Derek M.

Where would I find the latest data on which barrels are winning competitions in the various forms of competition shooting, F-class, benchrest, etc.?

Just look at the range data on there website. They usually say what custom rig they use or just call.. I gotta say hart barrels in ny is excellent place. I visited them and fell head first, what a bunch of outstanding folks.

got a few hart barrels and one on order right now. Seems like the 2 BIG names are Hart and Krieger.

I spoke with a gentleman that sells a variety of cut rifled barrels and he stated that Bartlein is the most sought after barrel currently. Thank you for the links!

The PA 1000yd range is mostly Kreiger and Broughton with some Bartlein. I'm pretty sure the new 600yd record was set with a Brux. It seems like short range 6ppc and .30BR stuff still has a lot of Shilen and Hart's but the LR stuff doesn't so much any more.

Seems like I remember reading somewhere recently that, to date, Hart and Shilen still have the highest #s under their belts across the board. But I don't know how old that article was. I am very pleased with my Shilen barrels. One of my most recent builds is a 280 and it has a Shilen. Not only did it take minimal shooting to break it in with reduced fouling, the break in loads shot among the best of any rifle I've had to start so I just loaded up a couple of hundred and took it to CO for my buck last November. The only other barrels that did that in such short order were my Obermeyer on my 308 and my PacNor on my 30.06.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.