Best avenue for building my Rem 300WM?

youngtrout

Hello

Well, its just time to have a nice gun built for myself. Its main requirements, pretty light, I live in AK and pretty much everything gets carried on your back, at least for longer distances than I was used to in Colorado. Long range for this gun will be in aboout the 600 yd range. I give that range since its the longest I can practice at currently. Looking to shoot mainly 180's and 200's

I'm looking at taking a remington LA and having a Hart or ?? barrel mounted.

Just a couple starting questions. Would it be better to look for the 400 dollar doner gun, (gloss blued wood stock for sure) Or just go with a new Remington SPS at about 520? I am thinking of potential quality between the 2.

In looking at barrels, I was looking at harts number 3 in 1 in 10? Its only 24 inches but thought it would save weight over the #4 in 26"?

And thoughts on brakes VS magnaporting. I figure if I'm looking to build a light 300 I may want to look into braking it. I do have a 300WM that comes in at 9 pounds I can shoot all day but... certainly can't spot my shots, and recoil eventually takes its toll

Just looking for some advise,,,thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts