Best AR trigger?

I tested every AR trigger at ShotShow and without reservation I picked up a J.P. Enterprises EZ-Trigger. They are also approx $40 less than a Geiselle. J.P. makes competition rifles, so yes their triggers may be lighter than most, but they are adjustable. They come with two springs so you decide the trigger pull, reset, and overtravel. Check them out, jprifles.com

I like my JP triggers & recently installed a CMC drop-in in my DPMS Panther Bull. This is one nice feeling trigger!

I removed a JP trigger from my LR-308. Replaced with a NM HS Geiselle trigger, night a day difference! JP was an OK trigger, but very gritty feeling in the pull, Geiselle puts the S in smooth. Very straight, smooth, positive feeling first stage, crisp second stage. Best money you can spend on a rifle. I did have to adjust my safety on my DMPS (which he tells you might be required on DMPS products). Took all of 5 minutes extra to dremel a little out of the side of the safety (as per Geiselle instructions). Simple easy install, watch the You Tube vid's! By no mean's am I a gun smith....its just that easy to install ( the video is a great help).
I do have to say that my stock Stag Arms model 8L trigger is very livable. I have talked to a few AR builders that only use Stag Arms lower parts kits for that reason. (still nothing like the Geiselle, not even close).

Considering that an AR15 has floating firing pin, you have to balance that "great trigger feel" with the ability to reliably ignite hard cup primers. with this in mind, I think the best AR trigger is a Geissele trigger. It uses full power springs that will fire any primer, It breaks clean and light. Since its non adjustable its super simple, rugged and just plain works.

I'm not quite sure of which trigger is best. I installed a SSA-E Geiselle in my M4 and its better but still have the creep I had hoped to get rid of. I guess its all in what your expectations are. I would probably have been better suited with a match trigger or something adjustable. I have been spoiled with Jewell triggers in my bolt guns.

I'm not quite sure of which trigger is best. I installed a SSA-E Geiselle in my M4 and its better but still have the creep I had hoped to get rid of. I guess its all in what your expectations are. I would probably have been better suited with a match trigger or something adjustable. I have been spoiled with Jewell triggers in my bolt guns.

I have a Jewel in my AR and it has been tuned to have no creep.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.