Best Aics style magazine?

Stanm70

Who makes the best aics magazine? Regardless of capacity and coal. I'm looking for durability and reliability
Thanks,
Connor

I think your question might answer itself. I have seen a number of different clones, but my opinion remains that the Accuracy Int'l factory mags are the best.

So there are no other weigh ins on this? I just put together a Rem 700 in 22-250 with Seekins bottom metal for AICS magazines. I purchased a Magpul composite 10 rd magazine and the follower gets caught in the slide tracks sometimes when loading it. I am looking for a better option... I am not against the AI mags, but was hoping someone else had experience with a slightly less expensive, yet effective AICS style magazine.

Open post date of April 2013, first time I've seen this thread. First off I own the p mag, cheapest mag on the market and sometimes runs like it. You could try some dry spray lube inside of it and it should help. I have AICS mags, AlphaII mags, and Accurate. The Alpha's swell a little so are a little tight when inserting in bottom metal. I like both the AI mags and the Accurate mags equally.The Accurate will allow a little longer bullet without any altering of the mag, plus they are less money. An Accurate will allow you to put 12 rounds of 6Creedmoore type ammo in a 10 rounder and 11.308 type ammo in it. I bought mine from Masterpiece Arms for $66.00 and a 4 round mag extension that they sell for $34.00. I can run 15 rounds of my 6mm Competition Match at a coal of 2.860" with no problem and will handle up to 2.90"+.I can run the 2.860" in the AICS mags without altering. Check around most places that sell the Accurate mag sell them for about what I paid for them, or buy some good used ones.

Don Dunlap

I saw that it was a 2013 post when I searched it but it has the pertinent information I am asking about.

I'll look into the accurate magazines. They look good.

Anyone have experience with American built arms magazines?

I've never heard of the American mags. I like my Magpul mag, it runs without issue. I have seen others that did, and a little dry spray lube on the sides allowed the spring to not drag and catch. If I can find some encouraging reviews on the American I will buy one.

Don Dunlap

Dgd6mm what cartridge are you using the Magpul with? I am using a .308 Magpul 10 round with .22-250 and having trouble with it jumping out of its track once I get 7+ in the magazine. I can fix it but have to empty the magazine and push on the follower with a screwdriver. It seem I shouldn't have to do this.

.308, 6mm Competition Match, .243 I have not tried anything as short as the .22-250 in it. I do own one put in a blind mag stock.

If you posted on Snipers Hide asking if anyone runs a AI mag with .22-250 rounds I would bet you would get your answer. There is replacement parts to run 6BR and Dashers in AICS. This route adds about $40.00 to a mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.