Best 3 shot group so far

thehulk

.300WSM Browning Varmint Special Xbolt 26'' barrel.

305 yards (rangefinder verified)

1-2 MPH wind coming from the right at about 35*

68*F

Bi-pod with a media filled bag under the stock

Getting better everytime, hopefully I can get all three inside the quarter the next few outtings.

Attachments

• 5555.jpg
    5555.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 117
Yet another wannabe shooter who has failed to hit a coin. Try a 50 cent peice next time.

Just kidding man. Thats an excellent group. Roughly 1.25". Your goal of three bullets inside the quarter is a fine goal. Never stop trying. No doubt it will happen for you a time or two. If you can find a factory 30 caliber hunting rifle and load that will regularly put three bullets tight enough to cover with a quater at 300 yards you would be one of the luckiest shooters out there. That said, if it does not happen with the regularity you desire, don't be discouraged.

Good job!

PS, As a safety officer who has used your signature a time or two, I think maybe you have one extra 'no' in the first part of the slogan? "No safety, know no injury, Know safety, no injury". Maybe I missed the point?

M

Yet another wannabe shooter who has failed to hit a coin. Try a 50 cent peice next time.

Just kidding man. Thats an excellent group. Roughly 1.25". Your goal of three bullets inside the quarter is a fine goal. Never stop trying. No doubt it will happen for you a time or two. If you can find a factory 30 caliber hunting rifle and load that will regularly put three bullets tight enough to cover with a quater at 300 yards you would be one of the luckiest shooters out there. That said, if it does not happen with the regularity you desire, don't be discouraged.

Good job!

PS, As a safety officer who has used your signature a time or two, I think maybe you have one extra 'no' in the first part of the slogan? "No safety, know no injury, Know safety, no injury". Maybe I missed the point?

M

lol you got me, doh!!!

Yea im gonna keep practicing!

Excellent group. Especially if that was with a factory barrel. My current best 3-shot group with my hunting rifle was slightly more than 0.5" at 300 yards. Weatherby Mark V w/Krieger barrel/7 STW/Barnes 160 TSX handload using 14x scope power.

Hey thanks guys! If anyone reads the reloading section, then you'll know Im about to embark on that journey. hopefully I'll be able to put those rounds inside the eagles wings.

With my Remington 700 BDL 6mm Rem I have twice shot 7/8 inch group at 300 YDS with a 3x9 40mm Weaver steel tube scope that is about 30 yrs old, Rifle is 36 yrs old bought it when I was 14. at 300 YDS it averages 2 1/4 inch groups but it is nice when you get a nice group.

Attachments

• 300 YDS 6mm 700 BDL.jpg
    300 YDS 6mm 700 BDL.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 125
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts