Best $200 Binoculars

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by nateisw, Aug 8, 2014.

1. nateisw

nateisw Well-Known Member

Since someone asked about the best $200 scope I thought I'd pose the same question for binoculars. I think 8x42 sounds pretty good, so I could get either a Nikon Monarch 3 or a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD in 8x42 for under $200. Which would you pick? Or is there another pair of Binos in that price range that is better? Thanks in advance!

2. Brewer

Brewer Well-Known Member

3. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Here's another for your consideration >>> Minox - Camera Land NY, an excellent but at $150. Check out the demos section too.

Good luck!

4. sambubba

sambubba Well-Known Member

I bought the Legend Ultra HD instead of the Nikon. It is very good for the money.

5. CogburnR

CogburnR Well-Known Member

6. Hunter5325

Hunter5325 Well-Known Member

I chose Vortex Diamondbacks after looking at most glass in this price range, they were the best to my eyes...

7. lloydsmale

lloydsmale Well-Known Member

my truck binoculars are a set of monarch 5s Great bang for the buck.

8. NWmissouriman

NWmissouriman Well-Known Member

I really like my Leupold BX-3's. They are a little over $200, but you can find some descent deals on them. Sample list has a used pair for $350 right now, and if you had an old scope/binoculars that you weren't using you could always trade them in towards them and get your cost closer to that $200 marklightbulb. Plus, I don't know as that price they have posted is firm, but I wouldn't swear to it.

9. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

I got a pair of Bushy's for a present, they were cheap I'm sure and fine for bang around bino's. I see no discernable difference between them and the Swaro's looking though both (my eyes at least), except price.

A cheap pair equals less consternation when damaged.

I'd put my money in a good spotter.

10. ntg

ntg Well-Known Member

I also bought the Legend Ultra HDs over Nikon. If you look you can get them for less than $170 (esp. is you use SWFA price matching guarantee).

11. 4xforfun

4xforfun Well-Known Member

I had some of those 200 dollar binos...I gave them to my grade school aged kids to take out side and play "army" with. :D

Of course you can't do that any more...it is not polticaly correct to play those violent games any more!! lightbulb

:DTod:D