Best $200 Binoculars

nateisw

Since someone asked about the best $200 scope I thought I'd pose the same question for binoculars. I think 8x42 sounds pretty good, so I could get either a Nikon Monarch 3 or a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD in 8x42 for under $200. Which would you pick? Or is there another pair of Binos in that price range that is better? Thanks in advance!

I really like my Leupold BX-3's. They are a little over $200, but you can find some descent deals on them. Sample list has a used pair for $350 right now, and if you had an old scope/binoculars that you weren't using you could always trade them in towards them and get your cost closer to that $200 marklightbulb. Plus, I don't know as that price they have posted is firm, but I wouldn't swear to it.

I got a pair of Bushy's for a present, they were cheap I'm sure and fine for bang around bino's. I see no discernable difference between them and the Swaro's looking though both (my eyes at least), except price.

A cheap pair equals less consternation when damaged.

I'd put my money in a good spotter.

I also bought the Legend Ultra HDs over Nikon. If you look you can get them for less than $170 (esp. is you use SWFA price matching guarantee).

I had some of those 200 dollar binos...I gave them to my grade school aged kids to take out side and play "army" with. :D

Of course you can't do that any more...it is not polticaly correct to play those violent games any more!! lightbulb

:DTod:D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.