Bersin Tool

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by dbhostler, Oct 10, 2004.

1. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

Anyone use a Bersin Ammunition & Adjustment Tool? Good, bad, waste of money?
    db

2. Kevin Williams

Kevin Williams Member

I purchased one about a year ago. The problem that I encountered with it was it seriously affected neck tension when the bullet/neck was "bent" back to eliminate runnout. My $.02.

3. dbhostler

Thanks for the info. So what cartridge were you attempting to correct and how many thousands were you moving the bullet?
    db

4. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I saw a "runout" correction tool at the F-Class Nationals this last weekend that that seemed to work pretty slick. Presses on the case neck and not the bullet to correct the runout. The fella using it shot pretty well.

5. dbhostler

Dave,

Was this tool a home made tool? Can you describe how this would work? I have a hard time imagining this and the kind of force needed to move the case neck several thousands.

db

6. kraky

kraky Well-Known Member

OK--call me crazy. I have a couple holes in my reloading bench from changing the position of my press or powder charger. I've been known to take ammo with runnout, Mark them on one side and put them in the hole and pull them a little. Works fine. Never did an accuracy check. You won't find a "cheaper" tool than that. Punch some holes in a 4x4 --tune some ammo and go tell us if it works!!!!!!

7. dbhostler

Sounds good to me. You could also take a piece of 4X4 and drive a bullet about half way in, remove it and wallah, a custom adjustment tool. If you had a 4' piece, you could set up with different weights and multi-calibers. [​IMG]
    db