Bergers VLDs "Hunting" "Target".

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by rockslut, Aug 25, 2009.

1. rockslut

rockslut Active Member

Was wondering do the "target" 210grn vld have the same BC as the hunting ones. I would like to hone my long range skills on paper but want to have the same dope when i go hunting?? I have about 25 rounds loaded with the "hunting" Bergers. They are on back order every place i can think of that sells bullets. But they seem to all have the "Target" in stock. Any ideas??? Thanks, Mike

2. kiwi3006

kiwi3006 Well-Known Member

The target bullets have a thicker jacket, i am pretty sure the BC is the same, just check Bergers website.

Stu.

3. rockslut

rockslut Active Member

Looks like they are .631 BC so they "should" fly the same right??

4. BryanLitz

BryanLitz <b>Official LRH Sponsor</b>

The bullets are the same externally, so they should fly the same.
    However, if you're ultimate goal is hunting, I would suggest sticking to the Hunting VLD's as much as possible just to remove the potential variable. If you can't find the Hunting VLD's and decide to practice with the Target VLD's, I recommend that you at least verify your 'Target VLD' loads with the 'Hunting VLDs' before you take any long shots on game.
    -Bryan

5. rockslut

rockslut Active Member

sounds like another project. Ill have to buy some and compare. Buy of course only shoot the "hunting one's at animals.

6. lyotehunter

lyotehunter Active Member

killed my last large elk with 190 gr. vld's [target] .one shot,but they were only about 250yds.