Bergers in a 6.5 Creedmoore?

Landkiller

Who has used Bergers in a 6.5 Creedmoore? Experiences and loads please. I plan on hunting mid -west whitetails with mine. Thanks.

I've shot close to 1k of the 140's through mine. Accuracy was great with RL17 but the temperature sensitivity killed me so I switched to H4831SC and run 46.5 grains to get 2820fps. Those 140 Bergers kill really well and I'll be using them this year on elk and deer.

I've shot close to 1k of the 140's through mine. Accuracy was great with RL17 but the temperature sensitivity killed me so I switched to H4831SC and run 46.5 grains to get 2820fps. Those 140 Bergers kill really well and I'll be using them this year on elk and deer.

I currently have some loaded with H4350, im hoping I can get around 2770fps. My wife will also be taking a deer/elk with this set up in utah this year. I might even use the gun for my deer hunt.

browninglover, what gun/length barrell you getting 2820 out of? I have 2-3 lbs of the 4831sc so if I cant get my velocity up with the 4350, I will try some loads with the 4831

What was your load with the rl-17 andwhat was your mv? My pet load with the 140 a-max is 44.5 grn rl-17 in a 24" barrel @ 2880 fps. Playin with the 130 bergers right now but im having a hard time.

What was your load with the rl-17 andwhat was your mv? My pet load with the 140 a-max is 44.5 grn rl-17 in a 24" barrel @ 2880 fps. Playin with the 130 bergers right now but im having a hard time.

Creedmoor shooter, is that close to the max? Are you getting any pressure signs with that. I've been experimenting with RL17 out of a 22" barrel savage and wasn't sure how high I could go on the grns, i'm at 40grns right now and am not quite satisfied with the results yet. I've been using H414 and have had great success with it as well, just wanted to try RL17 as i've heard great things about it.

Creedmoor shooter, is that close to the max? Are you getting any pressure signs with that. I've been experimenting with RL17 out of a 22" barrel savage and wasn't sure how high I could go on the grns, i'm at 40grns right now and am not quite satisfied with the results yet. I've been using H414 and have had great success with it as well, just wanted to try RL17 as i've heard great things about it.

Thats well over max in the hornady manual, but I have no signs of pressure. My dad runs the same load with his 22" barrel and it is a mv at 2840 i believe. Let me double check but im positive my load was 44.5 grains. We get outstanding velocity with rl-17 and we are still holding 1/2 moa. Work it up slowly though as every rifle is different.

H4350 is "THE" powder for the 140's in the creedmoor.

Pressure = Velocity. Just because you don't see pressure signs does not mean your pressures are safe. Load to a known safe velocity and your pressures will be safe. Quickload shows 43.7 GRS as max for RL17 with 24" bbl at 2.80" OAL 2844 fps.

43.5 GRS H4350 with 24" bbl at 2.80" OAL 2753 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.