Berger VLD .308 Load Data

Thumper450

Can anyone share the Berger .308 load data out of their Berger manual?

Like to see the charts for:

155 hybrid
168 Hunting VLD
175 Hunting VLD

Thank you!

Berger 168 VLD, Nosler Custom Comp 168 & 175.....44.0gr of Varget is what I use. That seems to be the universal load for heavy barreled .308's shooting 168 & 175gr pills. It hasn't failed me yet.

If you wanna have some real fun, you should try the Berger 210 VLD's with 39.1gr of Varget if you have the right twist rate (1:10 or 1:11.25"). Load at your own risk, that is Berger's max recommended load for the 210's in the .308. When using a load with pressures like this, make sure you use good brass like Lapua or Hornady Match brass.

Rifle 308 redhawk SPS 1 in 12 twist 20" barrel
175 VLD
Federal primers match
Lupua brass
42-7 varget
BO 3-138

Shoots very well out to 600 yards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 238
If you wanna have some real fun, you should try the Berger 210 VLD's with 39.1gr of Varget if you have the right twist rate (1:10 or 1:11.25"). Load at your own risk, that is Berger's max recommended load for the 210's in the .308. When using a load with pressures like this, make sure you use good brass like Lapua or Hornady Match brass.[/QUOTE]

what kind of speed you seeing with the 210?

I've found the 168 VLD's to be extremely accurate over 45.5 grains of varget in Lapua brass with a CCI BR-2 primer. This load produced 1/2 MOA groups out of my rifle, remember to work up from reduced loads and check for signs of high pressure. The hodgdon book and website list 46 grains of varget as the max, I tried it and groups opened up a little bit.

I've found the 168 VLD's to be extremely accurate over 45.5 grains of varget in Lapua brass with a CCI BR-2 primer. This load produced 1/2 MOA groups out of my rifle, remember to work up from reduced loads and check for signs of high pressure. The hodgdon book and website list 46 grains of varget as the max, I tried it and groups opened up a little bit.

What gun? This is about a mirror image of my current load. I found sweet spot at 44 grains. mine are built 2.89 OAL for my Rem 5R .

Had real good grouping at 44 gr, bumped up to 45 for some more speed. No pressure signs yet.

What gun? This is about a mirror image of my current load. I found sweet spot at 44 grains. mine are built 2.89 OAL for my Rem 5R .

Had real good grouping at 44 gr, bumped up to 45 for some more speed. No pressure signs yet.
Remington 700 varmint got lucky the gun is nothing special but it really shoots, COAL 3.025 right on the lands.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.