Berger Misprint?

There are mistakes on the new site. I saw 2 listings of 7mm 168gr VLD under hunting bullets but they had 2 differenct BCs. The latter was meant to be listed as their 180.

Thanks for pointing out the mistake.
The correct BC for the .308 190 grain VLD is .570.
We're working on ironing out the bugs. Much more content on the way.
-Bryan

ON the berger site under all bullets you look at the 190 grain .30 cal bullets listed with a bc of .982?

That is our new Turbo 30 cal bullet. The powder ignites a small drop of jet fuel in the base. The ignition of the jet fuel accelerates the bullet to 17,800 fps while at the same time filling the vacuum behind the bullet with gas creating nearly zero drag at the rear of the bullet. This would typically produce a BC much higher than .982.

The only problem is that once the jet fuel ignites the bullet yaws uncontrollably and flies in random directions. It took 10 shots before we got 1 that we could measure since the other 9 shots missed the sensor area but had they gone where they were supposed to I am sure the BC of .982 would have been recorded.

For those of you that have something against smiling it's a typo and has been updated to .570.

Regards,
Eric

P.S. Due to the advertising format of this forum (and a disorder I have that keeps me from scrolling down) I did not see that the question had already been answered. (I like my answer better Bryan. Maybe you can get to work on that drop o' jet fuel thing:)

Last edited:
That is our new Turbo 30 cal bullet. The powder ignites a small drop of jet fuel in the base. The ignition of the jet fuel accelerates the bullet to 17,800 fps while at the same time filling the vacuum behind the bullet with gas creating nearly zero drag at the rear of the bullet. Regards,
Eric

What twist would I need for the Turbo 30 in a .308? or can I run these in a smooth bore?

Paul

I would guess a smooth bore since the bullet would have fins that pop out once the it exits the muzzle.

Eric, we could provide you with a guidance system if you think that would help, maybe put some actuators on the fins also...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts