Berger load data

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by bleeds blue, Jan 3, 2012.

1. bleeds blue

bleeds blue Member

I Does anyone have load data for the 280 AI with the Berger 168grn VLD?

2. brentc

brentc Well-Known Member

I have 280 Rem Berger data that could get you started. What powders do you plan to use?

3. Grumulkin

Grumulkin Well-Known Member

You can use any data for jacketed lead core bullets of the same weight and caliber to find starting loads. You'll have to determine maximum loads yourself but you would have to do that even with Berger specific data.

4. sean1

sean1 Well-Known Member

i emailed berger and they gave me several loads for my 25-06. start loads and max loads

5. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Same here for my 280, email Berger and the will send you all their load data for the 280AI. I did play around with the 168 VLD's in my 280, but could never get them to shoot that well. I gave up for now, as I have several other rifles that shoot with out working up loads. I do plan to try again. For now I use a 150 Nosler BT with IMR 4350. It shoots well.

6. hypersonic

hypersonic Well-Known Member

Not to hijack the thread try IMR-7828 with bullets from 160 and up you might just be suprised.

7. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Thank you, I will give it a try!

8. coyotelite

coyotelite Well-Known Member

If you email berger they with the bullet and weight you want to use, they will email you back a load chart with numerous different powders. Unfortunately they do not have the most accurate load tested marked like most reloading manuals do. What I did was to look at other manuals, find the most accurate powder tested and then use the load for that powder on the chart I got from berger. Good luckgun)gun)gun)

9. lever-hed

lever-hed Well-Known Member

Yes, EMAIL Berger for the load data.. they will email you back no kidding.

Use the sticky at the top of this forum listing, Bergers are intended to be loaded close to the lands (for the most part) ... read it and have fun..:D

10. HoytFlinger

HoytFlinger Well-Known Member

The data they emailed me was QuickLoad data. I was hoping for tried and trued data.