berger in a 270wsm

bake

This is my first thread on here, so I am sorry if this question has been asked before. I just bought a box of 150gr hunting VLD's. Has anyone tried these yet in their 270wsm? I got some info from berger.

Bake

I have not tried them but am very interested in your results, and anyone else's for that matter. I was wondering myself about the 140 grainers. Definately keep us posted on this one.

I've used the 150gr VLDs in my 270win, and I'm very satisfied with them. Though I'm considering switching to the 130gr VLD, simply because I really don't need the heavier bullet. The VLDs performed very well on paper and game. I'm sold.

I'm pushing the 150gr @ 3080fps or so in a 28" barrel. Your WSM should be able to push it close to 3100 with a 24" barrel.

I've used them in a 270 WIN w/ 26" barrel and they seem to be very accurate. I haven't completed load development yet.

I'm working with some 140gr bergers out of my 270 WSM and they shot well. I'm running them @ 3385 fps.
Took it out last weekend and punched a coyote and I don't think they opened, one shot center punched the shoulder rolling it then got up and got into a draw and it popped out @ a little over 500yd and center punched him again and that did him.
I was not expecting them to be a good for varmits but I need the practice for this fall.
They sure are a sexy projectile, I'll shoot some deer with the Berger and the AccuBond this fall, I really like both.

Bigngreen. What powder,how much and what was the COAL?

Bake
I'm using 71gr of Rutumbo, Fed 215's with a COAL of 2.841 which is 15 thou. of the lands in my Savage model 12 26in barrel.
I've got to reshoot the Bergers with this load again as when I was prepping brass for this weeked I found that I got some Win, brass in with the Rem. When I shot them over the crony I had two speeds an I could not figure it out, I had 3285 and 3385 averages so I loaded a bunch up to recheck, one group was .385.
Accubonds shoot 3341 fps under 1/2 MOA.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts