Berger Hybrid bullets?

i have used the 300 grain bergers in my lapua.. with insane results.. my girl took a bull at 600 in the spine.. took the whole spine out .. no meat loss.. later that season my brother took a bull at 1104.. both bulls dropped with the first shot with the 300 grain otm bullet.. awesome bullet.. I also got back 105 grains from a bullet I recovered from a bear I shot at 900.. these bullets mean business.. I will not use anything else anymore..

kasey

We are using H1000 in our 300's behind this bullet.

That seems like outstanding velocity for that powder. You must've found a fast barrel...? I think I might be able to do that with US 869 or maybe RL33, but from what I have seen, I think I'll be thankful to get accuracy and around 2900fps with Retumbo, which I would think would perhaps give a bit more ummph to that bullet that H1000.

What is your powder charge and how many times are you able to use the same case? Maybe I'm using the wrong powder here...

One thing I should mention, is that out of the test barrels we tried while developing the EOL Line of McMillan Rifles, we went with the Polygon Rifling configuration from Schneider. These barrels seem to be about 50 fps faster then most.

I am running 91 grains in my loads. I do not have much time on my hands to prep brass in between hunts or office work while were not hunting. So I load them for the first firing, then reload them for the second firing, after that they go in the trash. Have not experienced any problems at all, but I am not trying to get more then 2 times out of them.

Well bob.. feel free to send any lapua brass my way if ur just throwing it away:) i use 89.8 grains of h1000 with the 300g bergers.. velocities are rite at 2700

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.