Berger Bullets - I'm Calling You Out

Thanks for the idea. I did pick up on the name in bigngreen's post earlier in this thread. I have already been in contact with Marshal over at Matrix and he will be sending me some 175's next week to try out. I'll make sure and post my results here when I have had the opportunity to shoot them.

AZ let me know how you like the 175's Marshall sent me some 165's I shot today one load shot under 1/2 minute @ 100 and was 2 for 2 on my buddys 930 yard 12"x16" gong i was happy with them still going to play with them a litte as temps get warmer but the Matrix bullets seem to be shooting real well.

a

The Lilja 3 grooves are great barrels but they are just best suited to conventional velocity chamberings or when used with stout bullets.

The longer the bullet, the higher the velocity, the harder these barrels are on the bullets. Its a baring surface compression issue. Again, with conventional chamberings, they are hard to beat but for the high velocity numbers with heavy long bullets, they are not the best choice.

On the 270 front, its to bad it did not come out as a 1-9 twist but it is what it is. I totally understand why Berger does not make a heavy BC but fortunately, there are a couple smaller custom shops that do offer heavy 270 bullets.

Same problem that the 25 cal has. Why the 264 came out with a 1-8.25 as standard and the 25 has a 1-10 standard is a mystery to me but just the way things come out!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.