Berger Bullets Announces Launch of a New Ammo Company

We are thrilled to announce that Berger Bullets is launching Applied Ballistics Munitions, also referred to as ABM Ammo or ABM. Setting up our operation has been a long process, but now we are all set-up and ready to go. You can see ABM's website at www.abmammo.com.

ABM Ammo specializes in making the highest quality rifle ammunition using three specific cases: 308 Winchester, 300 Winchester Magnum and 338 Lapua Magnum. We are focusing ABM's production on these cases in a deliberate effort to develop the best ammunition possible for the Special Forces sniper and operator community under the product name "Mission Ready™."

Even though ABM's objective is to develop the best ammo possible for these American heroes we are also making ammo for hunting and target shooting to the same high standards. Using these same three cases, ABM has developed loads with the precision hunter and target shooter in mind under the product names "Hunt Ready™" and "Match Ready™."

Each product line is loaded with the Berger Bullet that best fits a given application. Each of the bullets used have been proven performers among the hand loading community for years and in some cases, decades. They include the following bullets:

Mission Ready™
308 Winchester
175 gr OTM Tactical

300 Winchester Magnum
185 gr Juggernaut OTM Tactical
230 gr Hybrid Target

338 Lapua Magnum
250 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical
300 gr Hybrid OTM Tactical

Hunt Ready™
308 Winchester
168 gr Classic Hunter

300 Winchester Magnum
168 gr Classic Hunter
185 gr Classic Hunter

Match Ready™
308 Winchester
155.5 gr Match Fullbore Target

In a process developed by our very own Bryan Litz, all ABM ammo has been engineered and proven in his Applied Ballistics laboratory. This includes thorough testing and evaluation of all components including the testing of each individual lot of each components used in the ammo.

We are using only those components that prove they are capable of the lowest velocity standard deviation. The cases have been built especially for ABM by a prominent case manufacturer. The powders used are selected and then tested from among the top brands in smokeless powder. Lastly, the primers are put through this same process and selected based on testing performance. All of the brands used for ABM components are those found on the loading benches of the most discerning precision rifle hand loader.

When you combine the capabilities of Berger Bullets, Bryan Litz and decades of precision ammunition loading experience with the top components used by hand loaders what you get is consistent performance from shot to shot and more importantly from lot to lot. Keep in mind, ABM's production process was developed by the same people who produce precision rifle bullets, the highly regarded company, Berger Bullets.

Eric Stecker, President of Applied Ballistics Munitions relays, "Launching an ammunition company in today's firearm market environment has been a challenging experience. The product will speak for itself among the shooters as to why it is so important that we pursue this effort."

If you shoot 308 Win, 300 Win Mag or 338 Lapua Mag you owe it to yourself to give ABM ammo a try. You won't find ammo that is produced with as much preparation, testing and care as we employ for ABM ammo. If you don't shoot these cases then we encourage you to pass this message along to someone you know who does. After they get a chance to try this ammo they will be thanking you for the heads up about ABM.

Regards,
Eric Stecker

Attachments

• ABM-logo.jpg
    ABM-logo.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 157
  • ABM-boxes.jpg
    ABM-boxes.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 144
I saw this on my facebook feed, and came straight here to see the buzz (after I clicked on the link for the store)

I was disappointed that I didn't see any nominal ballistics for the hunt ready .308 168gr.

Care to shed any light? Was I looking in the wrong place?

Im really surprised they are using the 230 target in the 300 WM rather than the 230 OTM, i thought the OTM was designed specifically for the 300 WM. Im also surprised they are using such a light bullet for the hunting line in 300 WM.

Personally, I wish they would just try to expand their bullet production. They cannot adequately supply their current bullet customers. Now they are going to be sucking up some of their bullet production, plus brass and powder from other manufactures that would have went to the reloader market.

Wonder if the will have the same problem acquiring powder, primers, and brass that I do...:rolleyes:

Where and how are you obtaining enough powder and primers in the current market to mass produce a new ammo line?

It is a shame as I am Berger all the way but they are a business to make money. Obviously they have the military/govt as a customer and probably all other customers put together do not spend as much.

I have been thinking it would be nice to supply ammo for the newer calibers only. A lot of them are rare I believe due to availability. My local shop charges $29 for .243 win and $69 for .260 rem both of which use the same family case. If only a manufacturer would pick a few to make popular. It took 9 months to get my Savage 260 and they had 308 in stock. Still waiting on dies I ordered in march. Could have been shooting 308 for over a year now.

Bad news for reloaders. They can't supply their current demand for bullets so they divert their resources to another business venture which will take away from their consumer market. Looks like my move today to order a reamer custom for a matrix bullet will be better in the long run. They promised us these great super high BC hybrids like the 195 gr 7mm and then shelved the projects until they could catch up with demand. Still waiting for those bullets but they have time and money to start another whole line :( . Very disappointing.

I view the expansion as a grand opportunity for those individuals and departments lacking precision reloading capability.

Berger will do well! I'm confident the ammo will follow similar tolerance with manufacturing.

For those of us who precision reload, this ammo or any manufactured ammo for that matter means little. For those individuals and departments who don't precision reload they need ammo from available sources. This news is a great opportunity for that purpose.

Congratulations Berger and I wish you the best!

Congrats to Berger! I never shoot factory loads so it means little to me but I guarantee there are done out there that will be thrilled. Any non scalper ammo retailer is a very welcome addition if you ask me!

Are any of you really surprised that they have not been expanding their lines with these new developments going on. Having recently gone through starting a new business I can tell you it takes 110% of your time and resources! I also highly doubt that a manufacturer who can contract to buy components by the ton is going to have the same difficulty sourcing them as Joe Reloader at the local gun shop.

Congrats to Berger! I never shoot factory loads so it means little to me but I guarantee there are done out there that will be thrilled. Any non scalper ammo retailer is a very welcome addition if you ask me!

Are any of you really surprised that they have not been expanding their lines with these new developments going on. Having recently gone through starting a new business I can tell you it takes 110% of your time and resources! I also highly doubt that a manufacturer who can contract to buy components by the ton is going to have the same difficulty sourcing them as Joe Reloader at the local gun shop.

Really? All I know is I cannot buy the Berger bullets I need because there are out of stock and in many cases cannot be backordered. So I cannot shoot or hunt with my prefered bullets.

Federal does a GREAT job of providing excellent accurate ammo for the general hunter. There is a huge difference between that and the target and LRH hunting crowd that we are.

AND I am not concerned about Berger's ability to acquire powder and brass by the TON. I am though concerned about me not being able to buy it buy the POUND! Berger is a private company. I do not share in their success. I just need a product I can actually buy and use. I just ordered 300 210 GN Nosler LRAB from Cabelas.
The times they are a changing...gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.