Berger bullet for 300 RUM

Please forgive me in advance ...........but...........

Why would anyone stuff a pecker wood bullet in a 338 RUM? Ya may as well go back to the '06 and shoot something with at least a somewhat respectable bc.

Or maybe you're not considering Long Range game taking? Or you're skeerd of the recoil. Shooting a 338 RUM with a 200 gr bullet or less just doesn't seem manly.:)

Stick a 300 SMK in front of some Retumbo and go after it.

The above is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I really don't understand and advantabae of a light bullet in a big bore cartridge. Any counsel would be appreciated.

Uh, i thought he was talking about a 300 RUM ?

ULTRA MAGNUM. RUN BIG BULLETS , 210 GR VLD , 208 AMAX , 210-220 GR SMK AND THE LIKE. i AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POST. THE WHOLE POINT IS TO DRIVE A BIG BULLET FAST. LESS THAN A 200GR BULLET DOESNT MAKE MUCH SENSE IN THE PLATFORM...MIGHT AS WELL JUST SHOT A 30 -06.

ULTRA MAGNUM. RUN BIG BULLETS , 210 GR VLD , 208 AMAX , 210-220 GR SMK AND THE LIKE. i AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POST. THE WHOLE POINT IS TO DRIVE A BIG BULLET FAST. LESS THAN A 200GR BULLET DOESNT MAKE MUCH SENSE IN THE PLATFORM...MIGHT AS WELL JUST SHOT A 30 -06.

You forgot the 200gr Partition and Accubond.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.