Berger 6mm 115gr

Gerald89

I read some really bad reviews on these just after I took delivery of a load!

The reviewer said they have a design problem that makes them inaccurate.

They said the D-tac 115gr has no such problems by the way.

Has anyone used them?

Thanks

Gerald

What are you planning on doing with them?

I just hunt with them so benchrest accuracy is not my concern nor am I skillful enough to achieve it.

Hello,

No bench rest for me!

My average groups normally 0.5 moa + or minus a bit.

I would be quite happy to be there abouts with them.

Have you had any probs with them?

I am shooting them in 26" tube 1-8 twist with .243win .

Final load not chronied yet but should be around 3000fps?

This is my final two groups testing the 115 Bergers in a 240Wby 1-8 twist 30 inch barrel using RL22.

The group on the right is simply proof that I can't shoot very well. The high bullet is exactly where the crosshairs wandered off to just as the trigger broke. If I had done my job properly it would have been down with the other two. The very far top right is a DTAC load that blew primers. I didn't fire the last one- two was enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was not planning on useing the Bergers but they shot so well that I never finished testing the DTACs to find a good load. I also tested the 105s and 107s Bergers and Sierras.

I shot five antelope last Fall at different ranges out to 860 yards and the bullet performs really well. An antelope weighs maybe 100 pounds so they are not really big animals and their bones are fragile but I would not be afraid to shoot one well past 1K and believe the bullet would perform well and make a good kill. Of course I get more velocity out of the 240 than you can get with the 243. But nonetheless at 860 yards my bullet had slowed down and was just cruising along and still made a terrible hole and exited well.

t4.jpg

Case dismissed!

I am a lot happier now as I have got 1000 of them!!

My initial testing showed promise but i had an unexplained flyer on two occasions.

That added to the review I read started me doubting them.

Very nice groups!

Thanks for the info.

Just been out testing and the 115's are not consistent yet.

They are only doing 2897fps average.

My load is showing pressure (slightly cratered primer).

It is 44grs of vectan tubal 8000, due to col slightly compressed load.

I have some RL22 so might try that next.

Should that give slightly better velocity?

Or maybe RL25 if I can get hold of some?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.