Berger 6.5 130 VLD Hunting

Hog shot through both shoulders at 150 yds to test penetration with 140 VLD from 6.5 Creedmoor @ 2800fps......exit hole showing.....never took a step..... No VLD failure here!!

140 VLDs work the same from 26 Nosler @ 3380 fps. Hog shot today at 125 yds through both shoulders....exit hole showing....didn't take a step or a breath.....DRT.

Attachments

• IMG_2102.JPG
    IMG_2102.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 91
140 VLDs work the same from 26 Nosler @ 3380 fps. Hog shot today at 125 yds through both shoulders....exit hole showing....didn't take a step or a breath.....DRT.

That's actually what I would consider to be outside the design envelope of that bullet by quite a ways. That thing is supposed to be shot out of a 260 and hit at 800 yds and still expand. I wouldn't figure that it would make it thru at those impact levels. Very impressive for any LR bullet to not detonate on that shot.

That's actually what I would consider to be outside the design envelope of that bullet by quite a ways. That thing is supposed to be shot out of a 260 and hit at 800 yds and still expand. I wouldn't figure that it would make it thru at those impact levels. Very impressive for any LR bullet to not detonate on that shot.

EXACTLY! That's why I shot a pig at close range and through both shoulders. I just recently had the 26 Nosler built and worked up the loads for it and wanted to see what they'd do at this velocity at close range! I know what these bullets will do at medium to extended ranges but up close at high velocity was a Big Concern for me.... don't think I'll worry about it any longer! I wanted to be sure these bullets will perform at this velocity at "Any Range"!

Of course, the bullet did a number inside......only part of the bullet exited! I was concerned about it coming apart before reaching the vitals!

You know I could get pictures on Sierra bullet kills and probably a lot more because Sierra has been around a lot longer than Berger and they have a solid track record. But when bullet failure is the problem and people just can't see it for what it is people kind of get like the Hillary supporters, you know, crying and all that kind of thing.

You know I could get pictures on Sierra bullet kills and probably a lot more because Sierra has been around a lot longer than Berger and they have a solid track record. But when bullet failure is the problem and people just can't see it for what it is people kind of get like the Hillary supporters, you know, crying and all that kind of thing.
I've actually killed way more critters with the Sierra Match King than I have Bergers. I've been shooting SMKs at critters long before it was cool. I didn't post those pics maybe you should WHINE at the guy who posted them.

All bullets kill when shot thru the vitals or even the guts. Animals aren't as bulletproof as your skull evidently is.

The best killing bullet I have ever used is the 338 300 SMK. Never even tried a Berger in 338. I still have 4k of the SMK and won't try Bergers till I run out. I also shoot Amax, ELD-X, Nosler and some custom made target bullets at deer.

THEY ALL KILL THEM DEAD. Guys who have "bullet failures" actually have "BULLET PLACEMENT AND TRACKING FAILURES".

I love these threads where someone shoots a critter at 6pm and can't find it by 8pm so the BULLET FAILED. Then they are out hunting the next morning and do it AGAIN on another animal.

When I fire a round and it hits, the animal is done for. BECAUSE I WILL NEVER STOP UNTIL IT'S FOUND. Been fired from 2 jobs over that stuff and ready for #3 if needed. That is why I don't believe in bullet failure no matter the manufacturer.

I've actually killed way more critters with the Sierra Match King than I have Bergers. I've been shooting SMKs at critters long before it was cool. I didn't post those pics maybe you should WHINE at the guy who posted them.

All bullets kill when shot thru the vitals or even the guts. Animals aren't as bulletproof as your skull evidently is.

The best killing bullet I have ever used is the 338 300 SMK. Never even tried a Berger in 338. I still have 4k of the SMK and won't try Bergers till I run out. I also shoot Amax, ELD-X, Nosler and some custom made target bullets at deer.

THEY ALL KILL THEM DEAD. Guys who have "bullet failures" actually have "BULLET PLACEMENT AND TRACKING FAILURES".

I love these threads where someone shoots a critter at 6pm and can't find it by 8pm so the BULLET FAILED. Then they are out hunting the next morning and do it AGAIN on another animal.

When I fire a round and it hits, the animal is done for. BECAUSE I WILL NEVER STOP UNTIL IT'S FOUND. Been fired from 2 jobs over that stuff and ready for #3 if needed. That is why I don't believe in bullet failure no matter the manufacturer.

You sure were sucking up to the Berger bullets and now it's Sierra match kings seems to me you're the one that's a bit confused. A bullet failure is just that, it's a bullet failure and like it or not I really don't care, that is what happened here. And you don't have to post what a great shot you are or how many jobs you've had that don't impress anybody except yourself. So get off your ego train pal.

You sure were sucking up to the Berger bullets and now it's Sierra match kings seems to me you're the one that's a bit confused. A bullet failure is just that, it's a bullet failure and like it or not I really don't care, that is what happened here. And you don't have to post what a great shot you are or how many jobs you've had that don't impress anybody except yourself. So get off your ego train pal.

Are you clinically insane or just have a terrible reading comprehension issue?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.