• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Berger 338 300gr bullets are here!

jonthomps

Alright guys,

I just called Berger and the receptionist told me that they sent off a shipment of 300gr hybrid 338 cal bullets to Sinclairs. She told me that they should be arriving there late this week. I was skeptical so I called Sinclairs Intl. and IT'S TRUE! I ordered the first box! The rep said they were not there yet but had part #'s for 50/c and 250/c boxes. Everyone and their brother's uncle have been waiting for these bad boys.

FYI - G1 bc: 0.891!

I just ordered mine with Rod yesterday at Sinclair. $30.00 for 50 & $160.00 for 250 300 grn. He told me as we were talking that they were getting the shipment in about a week +/- a few days. They are going to change them though according to Bryan Litz report. They are going to change the boat tail angle to 7 degrees from 9 degrees thus increasing the BC by about 2% and this will also improve the stability at transonic speeds by a small amount ! This change is supposed to take place after the initial production run is finished. I don't know much about some of these things but I do know that if they perform like their other VLD bullets then I'm not going to worry about 2 degrees I can't wait ! I'll be shooting them out of 3 different 338's RUM,Win. mag. & a 338-06 AI . It will be interesting to see how they perform at three different velocity levels . My prices I just rounded off they might be a little more but not much !

gun)

Last edited:
*UPDATE* As of 05.11.10 Sinclair's website is showing the Berger bullets as in stock - $34.99/50, $164.99/250.

I just ordered some today, will they shoot out of a factory 700 338RUM? I have only ever shot 250gr...