Berger .277 EOL Extreme Heavy Hybrid 170 Grain.

Now yur talkin'!!!!!!!!

Update! When Eric and myself were discussing the portion of the testing that we felt was needed to try to destroy the bullets, we decided to get hold of Kirby directly for the test. Great news! He confirmed with me this morning that he is excited to throw some out of his Allen Mag! I will be sending bullets to him first thing Monday morning. Once he gets a chance to play with them, I will ask him to jump on here and give his report!

The free-bore in the Weatherby would possibly be favorable for seating this long bullet in regards to case capacity. However you would still be up against the maximum length of the magazine box. The biggest hurdle I see, is that the Weatherby is most likely a 1-10 twist bbl. This bullet is rated for a minimum of a 1-8.5 twist.

Keep in mind that the manufacturer's recommended twist rate is usually conservative and for sea level air densities. At mountain elevations, a slower twist can be used. So if you will be shooting at higher altitudes, you should use the Miller twist rule as implemented by the JBM stability calculator or the Litz ballistics program to compute stability at a given twist rate and atmospheric density.

Update! When Eric and myself were discussing the portion of the testing that we felt was needed to try to destroy the bullets, we decided to get hold of Kirby directly for the test. Great news! He confirmed with me this morning that he is excited to throw some out of his Allen Mag! I will be sending bullets to him first thing Monday morning. Once he gets a chance to play with them, I will ask him to jump on here and give his report!

this is pretty cool! any updates. Kirby always has good info to pass on so it will be good to hear what he thinks.

The latest update on the bullets came to me yesterday from Kirby. He told me that he had had a chance to shoot some of them into his bullet pit to make sure they would indeed fly out of the barrels at a high velocities. He confirmed that there were no failures on any of the bullets. The next step he mentioned might be to run them out of his 338-277 wildcat to really push them hard out to some distance to test for accuracy. He said he should be able to get back with me in a week or so with the results!

Bob,
When these bullets and the 195s become available, will they be sold through the normal retailers?
Thanks

They will be sold exclusively through EOL TV on our webstore for a period of time as our deal with Berger. This supports the branding efforts we have worked out with Berger. But once that time frame has passed, they will become readily available through all retailers that choose to stock them.

Definately going to keep an eye on this!!! As I am working with a 270 Winchester, may only be able to push these to 2800..more likely 2750...

may have to give them a try to see if a 1-9 twist will keep them stable at those lower velocities

It appears that the testing portion of moving this bullet yo market has bogged down? At any rate, it probably won't be available for hunting season this year.

I appreciate the offer and keeping this thing alive.! I am waiting on Kirby to give me his latest update. I have a message in right now with him, hoping to hear from him this week. If he gives us the final 270 AM test results, I think we will be ready to schedule the first lot for production.

Thanks again, look for a update real soon from me.

so, Tangent Ogive or Secant Ogive???

would think Tangent would open it up for more widespread use for more users...easier to load with, and no so finicky with regards to jump...

just a suggestion...

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.