Berger 210s out of a sendero?

Mahikilr

Hey guys,
So I just ordered some of the 210 vlds to shoot out of my 700 sendero in 300 weatherby. It shoots the 190s fine but I can't remember what the stock twist is in that gun. Any one had any luck with this combo?

Is that a crazies bull? How much work did you have to do to get them shooting right?

No that bull was right here close to where I live. It was taken with a 210 Berger from a 30-378 Wby. I usually dont have any issues at all working up a load with Bergers. I work up the powder charge to find a sweet spot and then play with seating depth.

Jeff

So you go powder first then seat depth?

Yes, I do. I usually find the first sign of pressure while doing single shots durring barrel break in. By the time the barrel is broken in I have done a ladder test and found a node to work in. Then it is just a simple seating depth test and finding the tightest combo at 200 and 300 yards. I recommend using Eric Steckers method posted in the reloading section here. It flat works and will save time.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts