Berger 185gr. hunting bullets

dj300ack

Anyone having trouble getting the hunting bullets to shoot. In my 300ackley the target bullets shoot great and the hunting bullets just wont shoot in this gun. muzzle velcoity is 3240fps with ced chrono.

dj,
i'm shooting them in my 300win mag cci br2 primers,.010 in lands with a very stiff charge of h4831sc out of a 28" tube. haveny chronied them yet but i'm guessing 3100. four shots at 550 yards measured 4". on a very windy day i shot same load at 820 yards. 5 shots 9" but horizontal from wind,4 shots in 6". they shoot if the right combo is found. check out thier site. they have some tips on how to get them to shoot in a finicky gun. jasongun)

I have shot them on lands jump them also. I started shooting the target bullets and ran out. At 300yd the hunting bullets would only shoot 3in. I had two rounds with target bullets and I shot them a few minutes later they touched. I bought some more target bullets and started shooting to make click chart. I shot two shots that is touching at 500yds and at 800 shot 3 shots two are .750 and the other one is 4.3in. low. I just gave up on the hunting bullets

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.