berger 168 vld hunting bullets.

Umm interesting, when I spend thousands and buy products as advertised and it dont work, its called duping your customers.

How about defending Hornady sst ?? I see alot of inflammatory remarks there Len. If your your going to pull and edit only my Garbage word well than be Even and not flip sided and stay the course on so called inflammatory remarks and yes its my fault for using defecating word on other post, my Apologies.

"garbage"

To me that word used in the title of a thread toward a revered manufacturer just exhibits a bad attitude and no respect.

And it's unproductively inflammatory.

I sense that a few of those who replied would agree with me.

YEP - and also those of us that have held our tongue.

Umm interesting, when I spend thousands and buy products as advertised and it dont work, its called duping your customers.

Well, look at Nosler Ballistic Tips. They have a checkered history among those of us who use them or used to use them. They are a flawless bullet in my experience since 1989 on deer and pronghorn antelope, absolutely flawless....arguably the most accurate hunting bullet ever designed. But there's no shortage of users who report blow ups time after time. Not my experience, and I don't believe Nosler duped anyone. Same for Hornady when they put out their version of the NBT, the SST. I had never seen the results of any bullet blowing up on anything until that TX pronghorn I posted. If that's what others had seen with NBTs, then I don't blame them. I've just never seen it and I'm happy to use them in the future.

Look at the original Barnes X bullet. Same mixed history. I thought and still think the original X bullet was about as inaccurate as they came and so much so I never used them on game. Then the TSX came out and suddenly I found a tougher-than-nails bullet that was equal in accuracy or better than the NBT. But again, look at those who say they pencil through. Not in my experience. As far as I'm concerned, the NBT and TSX, and TTSX are all 100% perfect performers 100% of the time on each deer, bear, pronghorn I've used them on.

I've had one repeated inconsistent experience in my firearms hunting history and that is with the Accubond.

Well, look at Nosler Ballistic Tips. They have a checkered history among those of us who use them or used to use them. They are a flawless bullet in my experience since 1989 on deer and pronghorn antelope, absolutely flawless....arguably the most accurate hunting bullet ever designed. But there's no shortage of users who report blow ups time after time. Not my experience, and I don't believe Nosler duped anyone. Same for Hornady when they put out their version of the NBT, the SST. I had never seen the results of any bullet blowing up on anything until that TX pronghorn I posted. If that's what others had seen with NBTs, then I don't blame them. I've just never seen it and I'm happy to use them in the future.

Look at the original Barnes X bullet. Same mixed history. I thought and still think the original X bullet was about as inaccurate as they came and so much so I never used them on game. Then the TSX came out and suddenly I found a tougher-than-nails bullet that was equal in accuracy or better than the NBT. But again, look at those who say they pencil through. Not in my experience. As far as I'm concerned, the NBT and TSX, and TTSX are all 100% perfect performers 100% of the time on each deer, bear, pronghorn I've used them on.

I've had one repeated inconsistent experience in my firearms hunting history and that is with the Accubond.

Well said

That is a great post/example. There is always a lot of emotion in these bullet performance threads. To the point that "haters" and "lovers" are often labeled. Derek M has it pegged - people struggle to understand when others have different experiences with the same brand/type of bullet. But as someone posted earlier, edited word here happens.

Pick your favorite flavor of bullet and someone has had a bad experience. It doesn't mean it is automatically their fault. It also doesn't automatically mean a company is duping or tricking you. While I am NOT a big fan of revising threads for content (language is one thing), sharing your experience in a less emotional way (good or bad) tends to lend credibility to your point of view.

FWIW, I put a chest shot on a doe with a 168 classic hunter last weekend. I definitely had expansion, and massive trauma, and a large exit - and I still found her 110 yards away. Crazy EWH. gun)

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/168-berger-classic-hunter-100yd-deer-124566/

Hope your experience doesn't completely jade you to these bullets. IMHO they have their place and based on most of the feedback I read your experience was the exception, not the norm. Still sucks, but glad you harvested the animal.

Same here...Out of the 100's of thousands of rounds I've shot in my life, I have only had 2 brands fail me. One, was the Hornady 7mm 139 SST incident, I was rapid-firing, and the other I had 3 Remington .22 LR bullets plug up into the barrel of my S&W 22A pistol, and they were easily removed by a friend of mine, and our former veterinarian, who has since passed away. But ever since those 2 bad experiences I have no love for the SST bullets against medium to large game, and refuse to shoot Remington ammo or use Remington reloading components...Not even brass.

That is a great post/example. There is always a lot of emotion in these bullet performance threads. To the point that "haters" and "lovers" are often labeled. Derek M has it pegged - people struggle to understand when others have different experiences with the same brand/type of bullet. But as someone posted earlier, edited word here happens.

Pick your favorite flavor of bullet and someone has had a bad experience. It doesn't mean it is automatically their fault. It also doesn't automatically mean a company is duping or tricking you. While I am NOT a big fan of revising threads for content (language is one thing), sharing your experience in a less emotional way (good or bad) tends to lend credibility to your point of view.

FWIW, I put a chest shot on a doe with a 168 classic hunter last weekend. I definitely had expansion, and massive trauma, and a large exit - and I still found her 110 yards away. Crazy EWH. gun)

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/168-berger-classic-hunter-100yd-deer-124566/

Hope your experience doesn't completely jade you to these bullets. IMHO they have their place and based on most of the feedback I read your experience was the exception, not the norm. Still sucks, but glad you harvested the animal.

I will give classic hunter a try, thanks

Re: Language comment

Hey guys.

I'd appreciate some help.

I don't consider words like "****" or "******" to be appropriate for use right here in "Len's Living Room".

I removed a bunch but there were too many.

Please don't use that language. That would make our site too much like just any other one out there.

Thanks so much for your help.

I have to agree !!!! I apologize and will refrain from any Expletives.

Sorry.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.