Berger 168 VLD Bullet help

I have a 7mm stw that shoot the Berger VLD match grade bullets lights out. They are the older model witha bc of .643. I am out and can not find any anywhere. The new ones have a bc of .617. I measured the two and the older bullet is 20 thousands larger. Can anyone anser the following ?'s:
1) What is the difference
2) Will the new shoot the same as the old?
3) Does anyone have any old ones they will sell?

Thanks

I have a 7mm stw that shoot the Berger VLD match grade bullets lights out. They are the older model witha bc of .643. I am out and can not find any anywhere. The new ones have a bc of .617. I measured the two and the older bullet is 20 thousands larger. Can anyone anser the following ?'s:
1) What is the difference
2) Will the new shoot the same as the old?
3) Does anyone have any old ones they will sell?

Thanks

Wow, I did not know that there were two different bullets, with two different BC's. I think that the ones I have are the .617 BC. It could be that they discontinued the .643 BC, and all that is avail now is the 617bc. Interesting!

They are the same bullet, but Bryan Litz at Berger has done a ton of shooting and figuring to get a set of BC's that are actually very close to the true BC of the bullets!!! I suspect that the 20 thousandths in difference is due to different lots. Are you measuring with a comparator that measures off the shoulder or from the tip. You should always measure from the shoulder and I check every lot and sometimes I have to adjust my OAL to compensate. I use the new BC's to figure long range data and tweak the velocity to match drops.

Thanks, I am hoping that they are the same bullet. I was measuring the overall length. I have an email in to them and I plan to give them a call later on. I just did not want to spend 50.00 on bullets that were not the same. I will post what i find out

Talked to Bryan this morning. Bullets are the same. The BC is just a moire accurate number. No change has been made to the bullet design.... case closed. Thanks to all the responses

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.