Bergara Encore Barrels

Dead Beat

i just seen these barrels advertise an went to there website they show you a about a 1o minute video ed shilen was saying alot of good things about these barrel's

the thing is there cheaper and they guarantee more accurate than the factory barrel's . you encore shooters need to check it out there made in spain

DB

Cool , you got a link to their web site , I tried a search and came up with nothing but the same stuff here in the US.

Are they using Ed's barrels??

There are lots of aftermarket barrels for the Encore, some are chambered for some pretty hot cartridges. Just so you are aware, it this has any importance or not would be an individual thing, but placing any non-original barrel on a T/C voids the warantee. I was told that is the way it is, period. The factory determines which cartridges are appropriate for the Encore's locking system, lot's of cartridge designs are not compatible.

for after market i would stay away from most of the hot magnums i might consider the the 7mm rem mag and maybe the 300 win mag the ultras are a no no in my book i just put a MGM heavy contour on my rifle frame in 243 win. so I'm not worried about it i think as long as you go at it and keep in sensible and try not to get the last FPS out of your loads you should be OK

if you want to build a real hot rod go with and bolt action that's alot stronger like a Remington or savage or some of the high quality one's out there now this my 2
cents for whats worth

DB

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts